Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signs you're a bad designer

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Esh, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Esh

Esh Member

2. GibbW

GibbW New Member

Guilty now and then of 1, 6 and 14.

No mention of not using comic sans?

3. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

I think I disagree to some extent or other with more than half.

4. VLAHAKISA

VLAHAKISA Member

Possibly because it was written 5 years ago? Hard to be relevant and accurate with an article that is so old now. Personally I'd agree with most of it still really. I remember reading this when it was first written!

Gettin' old...

Amanda

5. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I think that many of points in that list don't make you a bad designer, as they have their place within typography.

For example the double line space (see what I've just done there) between paragraphs. Using them is perfectly acceptable, in fact if you didn't use them, long passages of text would become difficult to read. It's actually a lack of attention to detail that's the problem.

6. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

^ Quite: anything can be designed badly but loads of the things on the list are fine so long as they're used for the right reasons.

7. Moominbaby

Moominbaby Member

What about the fact that its really boring to read... surely that's bad? maybe it needs more double spaces or some boxes

8. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

I think I make 4 or 5 of these 'mistakes'. Wouldn't call myself a bad designer though, sorry.

9. ARRIVALS

Wrong thread, but welcome to he forum.

10. ARRIVALS

Also, might be a good idea to actually show some work on your site.