Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signature art

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Kevin, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Okay, so me and Tim were talking about signatures. Apparently Tim doesn't know what that is and has obviously never done signature art. Does any of you guys have signatures to show off?

Here is a collection of signatures I've done in the past.

And here are a few of my favorites:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Some nice ones there buddy ive done a few but none that are online ill try and find some, nice work though matey! Threy look cool

3. tim

tim Senior Member

dont' blame me, it's just like you haven't heard of deodorant. :p

4. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

A low act of desperation, typical :batman: :p

5. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

Crikey I used to do them loads on the Car forum, years ago before I got a copy of Photoshop lol

Some cringe-worthy examples!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Yeah, that's how I started out aswell. I'll try and find a few that are decent.

Right, here we are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a recent one:
    [​IMG]

Also, 2 other random bits like the above:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. br3n

br3n Senior Member

I hate signiture images on forums... People end up using some dodgy 640*480 image, with a standard photoshop filter blatantly abused with comic sans spammed ontop. Not cool.

8. Harry

Harry Senior Member

I'm with you on this one bud...

9. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

I agree, totally grown out of it! lol

10. I don't think I have ever wanted to have one or use one in all my years of forum use.

11. eneyekay

eneyekay Member

I'm not a fan of these things either... they make forums look messy... also, as a designer, i hate being a member of other forums and little kids asking me to design them a sig image for nothing just because i can use photoshop... sig images are usually over photoshopped images with awful typography slapped on the top... fine if you're bored and under 15, but i don't think they have a place in the design world.

12. well said Nik :)

13. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yep I think everyone is in agreement on that, think this thread was more of a memory lane of creating sig graphics, unfortunately/fortunately I wasn't involved in any forums when I was first learning Photoshop, so have none to share I'm afraid!

14. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

A good learning curve though, to get to grips with Photoshop.

As I say I've made on recently, but hardly ever do now, must have been the first one in 6-12 months. most definitely a trip down memory lane.

15. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I think my last signature was like 8 months ago... I did a lot of them before I got into web design, and then they started becoming a routine so I started doing less and less. But still I had a fun time making them while they were original :)

16. tim

tim Senior Member

That's why I never heard off them Kevartin... I wasn't part of any forums when I got my first copy of PS and started messing around.

17. Panix Media

Panix Media Junior Member

Was a bit disapointed to read the contents of this post. I thought I was going to find some cool email signatures, I wonder if such a thing exists?

18. br3n

br3n Senior Member

If one does, i've never seen it.

19. VertigoSFX

VertigoSFX Senior Member

I used to do signatures when I first started doing design stuff about 4 years ago in the video game world...they were quite big...still are. I grew out of em quickly because you couldn't expand much with them (obviously) so I started doing web work and then I got addicted to that.

20. eneyekay

eneyekay Member

here's a couple of sigs i did actually i found on my photobucket... the ones for me actually tied in with colour scheme of the forums i used them on :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]