SHOWCASE: Web Design

WhichStorage (not yet live)

YourParkingSpace (currently in the process of redesigning several key pages)

Here's a sneak-peak of a site for my rebrand (currently up to version 08 – should have something finalised by the time I'm 30, fingers crossed).

View attachment 2667

I like what you are doing Paul....
The which storage site is looking great carrying the colour of the storage unit doors through the site is a given :wink:
Before you go love though please do one thing...... Centralise the main image of the doors as there's more yellow to the left < of the textfield. Minor I know, but being obsessive, would drive me crazy haha

I like what you are doing Paul....
The which storage site is looking great carrying the colour of the storage unit doors through the site is a given :wink:
Before you go love though please do one thing...... Centralise the main image of the doors as there's more yellow to the left < of the textfield. Minor I know, but being obsessive, would drive me crazy haha

Cheers for the input. The site's already built though so my work is done. The live site (http://www.whichstorage.co.uk/) has left-justified text though for some reason, which looks hideous with the gaps. I'd never justify text on a site just because you can't have the same level of control like you can with a printed column. Oh well.

Cheers for the input. The site's already built though so my work is done. The live site (http://www.whichstorage.co.uk/) has left-justified text though for some reason, which looks hideous with the gaps. I'd never justify text on a site just because you can't have the same level of control like you can with a printed column. Oh well.

Not to mention the 'email' widow. But the site looks really nice. Great job!

Hello fellow designers,

I've built a website as part of project work for my Certificate IV in Digital Design course. Would love to know your thoughts.

home-final.jpgabout.jpgevents.jpgdesigners.jpgcontact-chrome.jpg

Hi @FaribaH do you have a link to the site so we can see how it looks on a phone?
Hi, thank you so much for your reply.

I've built the site locally, so don't have a link to share.

BTW, it's not a responsive site. It's the first website building project of the course, so the requirement is to build a simple website to start with.

It would be great to know what you think about the overall website from the screenshot I've attached for preview.

Many thanks & regards,
Fariba

It's a standard generic layout. Looks OK but nothing special.

Bin the whole yellow header area - it just takes up space and adds no value.

Make the font bigger and darker - it very difficult to read.

Don't make the video the showcase on the homepage.

The most important part of any website is the content. No matter how pretty the design, if the content is weak then the site will fail. So make the homepage copy really pop. Add images and links. Add an image grid linking to the inner pages. Add calls to action.

Put the menu on the left below the logo. Its much more intuitive. Note that a lot of designers like it on the right because it looks good but moving it below the logo it better because we read from top left - our eyes scan down the page not across the page.

Might be worth reading up on UI/UX - this will give you a much better insight into how people use a website.

Back