SHOWCASE: Sketches, Doodles & Illustrations

As a bit of a contrast, here's my latest work! Commission for a friend of mine who loves a bit of D&D, his character is a Dwarven alchemist who explores the world in search of new and exciting creatures to study!

Great to see these up.! there massive ha ha! didn't really understand the scale till I saw these images ha
Thanks! Yeah my computer was dying a little towards the end...
Oh and for anyone who would prefer an image instead of the above video:LiamDnD-Sml.png

That's ridiculously good! Bloody heck!
Thanks man! I think I'm finally approaching a style I really like with this one. For comparison I've attached an image I did of the same character for the same friend about 17 months ago. This time around I wanted to do a better job on the composition, anatomy, pose, values, colour and actually have an environment and some props to tell a bit of a story :LOL:

Attachments

• Liam-The-Dwarf-v2.jpg
    Liam-The-Dwarf-v2.jpg
    793.5 KB · Views: 8
What do you do? Are you a computer games artist? Animation? Work for TV? You definitely should!
Thanks Hank! Truth be told I've done a few things but I love working on games when I get the chance. My current job started out as doing character, background, icon and UI artwork for online games! After a year the company shifted focus, dissolved the games studio, and now I do general design work for marketing and internal comms. It's nowhere near as fun but it pays the bills. I do as much freelance illustration work as I can fit in as well.

Ideally I'd love to get back into making games, and I'm constantly trying to push my work to a higher standard to do it. Way too many talented artists out there making great stuff.

Thanks Hank! Truth be told I've done a few things but I love working on games when I get the chance. My current job started out as doing character, background, icon and UI artwork for online games! After a year the company shifted focus, dissolved the games studio, and now I do general design work for marketing and internal comms. It's nowhere near as fun but it pays the bills. I do as much freelance illustration work as I can fit in as well.

Ideally I'd love to get back into making games, and I'm constantly trying to push my work to a higher standard to do it. Way too many talented artists out there making great stuff.

If I ever need a super drawing like that I know exactly where to come. I'm impressed no end. Amazing.

Keep going!

Nice one, thanks Hank. I've been asked to draw his wife's D&D character next so that'll be an interesting challenge. I'll post the result as and when it happens.

Here are some of my personal works..illustration for a public event - illustrators had to make illustrations for lamps that were hung along one street. I also did background urban illustrations for the billboards for one of the Croatian shopping malls.

Attachments

• spancirfest.jpg
    spancirfest.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 42126758_1852558814837668_5216475915453726720_o.jpg
    42126758_1852558814837668_5216475915453726720_o.jpg
    547.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 42142846_1852558864837663_3900873711237988352_o.jpg
    42142846_1852558864837663_3900873711237988352_o.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 14
Recently worked with real estate giant CBRE to crete this interactive, isometric infographic.
Live project here.

0c05c375930153.5c5acf1d1adcd.jpg

hahaha, you survived :D
And the result is great..so everything went well.

But now that you mention the sanity and couple months of work..I always remember my manager and his ideas about new illustrations, infographics, animations and similar complex stuff that take lots of work. He always thinks that stuff like that can, and should be done wthin two days. My head hurts every time..

Back