SHOWCASE: Sketches, Doodles & Illustrations

Jimlad

As a bit of a contrast, here's my latest work! Commission for a friend of mine who loves a bit of D&D, his character is a Dwarven alchemist who explores the world in search of new and exciting creatures to study!

Jimlad

That's ridiculously good! Bloody heck!
Thanks man! I think I'm finally approaching a style I really like with this one. For comparison I've attached an image I did of the same character for the same friend about 17 months ago. This time around I wanted to do a better job on the composition, anatomy, pose, values, colour and actually have an environment and some props to tell a bit of a story :LOL:

Attachments

Jimlad

What do you do? Are you a computer games artist? Animation? Work for TV? You definitely should!
Thanks Hank! Truth be told I've done a few things but I love working on games when I get the chance. My current job started out as doing character, background, icon and UI artwork for online games! After a year the company shifted focus, dissolved the games studio, and now I do general design work for marketing and internal comms. It's nowhere near as fun but it pays the bills. I do as much freelance illustration work as I can fit in as well.

Ideally I'd love to get back into making games, and I'm constantly trying to push my work to a higher standard to do it. Way too many talented artists out there making great stuff.

hankscorpio

Staff member
Thanks Hank! Truth be told I've done a few things but I love working on games when I get the chance. My current job started out as doing character, background, icon and UI artwork for online games! After a year the company shifted focus, dissolved the games studio, and now I do general design work for marketing and internal comms. It's nowhere near as fun but it pays the bills. I do as much freelance illustration work as I can fit in as well.

Ideally I'd love to get back into making games, and I'm constantly trying to push my work to a higher standard to do it. Way too many talented artists out there making great stuff.
If I ever need a super drawing like that I know exactly where to come. I'm impressed no end. Amazing.

Keep going!

Jimlad

Nice one, thanks Hank. I've been asked to draw his wife's D&D character next so that'll be an interesting challenge. I'll post the result as and when it happens.