SHOWCASE: Sketches, Doodles & Illustrations

scotty

scotty

Staff member
Hey Vick. Welcome to the forum and it's nice to see another Illustrator on here.

I like the simplicity of that and those chiseled strokes. :D

scotty

scotty

Staff member
Thanks a lot Scotty, if you have any constructive criticism please do share.
I totally hate giving constructive criticism as it sound like I know it all and I don't.

That being said....

I'm thinking that the extended arm could do with a little more work as your eye is drawn to it (being a dynamic part).
Probably just a bit more work on the hand and to me the forearm seems a little short in relation to the upper arm.

Hands are a killer to get right and I tend to get a bit of reference but that's a secret and I'd never admit it. ;)

Also, maybe a bit more shading on the rose petals would give it more depth.

Vick

Vick

I totally hate giving constructive criticism as it sound like I know it all and I don't.

That being said....

I'm thinking that the extended arm could do with a little more work as your eye is drawn to it (being a dynamic part).
Probably just a bit more work on the hand and to me the forearm seems a little short in relation to the upper arm.

Hands are a killer to get right and I tend to get a bit of reference but that's a secret and I'd never admit it. ;)

Also, maybe a bit more shading on the rose petals would give it more depth.
I know right, I actually measured the two arms but it still came out this way. It took me several days to find a great pose for the outstretched arm. The shade on the petals sounds like a great idea. Thanks.

Mikomiji

Mikomiji

Here's some pet portraits I've made in the past. I don't do these any more as they were exhausting me and they take an insane amount of time. It was taking me weeks to finish just one alongside my day job. So I stopped altogether! Just wanted to show some off for the fun of it.

SHOWCASE: Sketches, Doodles & Illustrations, , Illustration Forum: SHOWCASE: Sketches, Doodles & Illustrations, , Illustration Forum: SHOWCASE: Sketches, Doodles & Illustrations, , Illustration Forum: SHOWCASE: Sketches, Doodles & Illustrations, , Illustration Forum: SHOWCASE: Sketches, Doodles & Illustrations, , Illustration Forum: