Short term workspace?

Mythical

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this, I'm still not quite sure where everything goes.

Any other freelancers who had a problem finding a place to work in the early days?

I work as a Graphic Designer for a lighting company at the moment but it's quickly driving me crazy so I'm cooking up an escape plan.
Now based on some old work I did, I've been offered some work designing tee shirts for an up and coming fashion company. It's only every now and again (a couple of days per month to start with), so whilst it wont get me out of here, I'd love to take it on because it looks like a fun project, it'll build my portfolio, and hopefully will lead to my eventual escape from stickersville. (and extra cash would be useful!)

BUT I'm forbidden from working from home. There's no way the boss would let me work from here at the weekend, I'm not quite ready to commit to a "business incubation centre" and I don't know of any short-term co-working spaces in my area (bolton, st helens, wigan, that sort of area).

Has anyone come up against this problem? Did you find a solution?

Living with my parents. I'm far too old to be living with my parents, but I just can't afford to move out.

Can't quite work out your situation with this one - do you currently work on the job, but they're letting you work elsewhere as long as it isn't from home?

Can't quite work out your situation with this one - do you currently work on the job, but they're letting you work elsewhere as long as it isn't from home?

No, I have a full time job with an office that isn't freelance and I don't work from home.

I was approached by someone other than my employer, to do some freelance work.

I want to take on the freelance work, but I don't have a place to work from.

I can't work from home because I live in my parents house and my parents have said no.

Just curious, why have they said no exactly? Surely they could see it as an opportunity for you to earn extra money, enough to say, save up and move out?

Anywhere with free wi-fi, Costa, McDonalds, Starbucks, the library .. anywhere. You may to pay for a drink or something but keep it going for a couple of hours and you're set.

Just curious, why have they said no exactly? Surely they could see it as an opportunity for you to earn extra money, enough to say, save up and move out?

Anywhere with free wi-fi, Costa, McDonalds, Starbucks, the library .. anywhere. You may to pay for a drink or something but keep it going for a couple of hours and you're set.

What he said: working from home in this scenario is basically just sitting down with a laptop which I'm assuming is something you do anyway, no?

Speaking from experience of working from home for a year, it's a good starting point as long as you can get on with the work and don't get distracted. But if that's not possible then the library or any places with free wi-fi are the next best thing.

Back