Shopping Carts

Tony Hardy

I'm using a pre-bought ThemeForest template for my cousin's business and there's the hint of a shopping cart on it, but I can't find a way to make it work. What's the usual process here?

This is the site I'm currently working on; Home

Cheers everyone.

What’s the name of the theme? It might be you have to install an additional plugin.

It's called Chocolate and Coffee I think.
I've had a dig around on theme forest in the comments and stuff, and emailed the designer so hopefully I'll just have to wait.
It's just an HTML/PHP template, not Wordpress unfortunately :(

I think you’ll have to add a PHP shopping cart to it yourself then.

Maybe someone (Corrosive) can give you some pointers as it’s not something I’ve done before with a non-database website.

You can always cheat and use Paypal as a shopping cart and just add paypal buttons though.

If I cheated and used Paypal would the items in the cart still mount up? Or would you have to go through and buy each item seperately? I might just do that.

But if anyone can give any advice about a simple PHP cart that'd be excellent. I'd also like to keep it within the theme if possible.

You can have a PayPal shopping cart but it will be in a separate window to your website. You can add things and then return to the website to continue shopping. But yes, a cart on the actual website would be much neater.

Yeah I think it'd be much neater too.
Hopefully Corrosive will peek into this thread and offer a helping hand :)
Cheers for the advice David.

Hi Tony

Have you looked at something like; Modern CSS + XHTML Ecommerce :: FoxyCart.com at all? I know it is some $$s per month but have heard good things about it and gives a neat, 1 page checkout to help stop abandoned carts. Kind of a half-way house between full e-comm and Paypal 'Add to Cart' buttons.

BTW, cannot get your site to load for love nor money!

I haven't seen anything like that before. It's not my business, so I'd have to run it by the other channels.
I also can't get the site to load? It was there earlier toady. Weird.

I haven't seen anything like that before. It's not my business, so I'd have to run it by the other channels.
I also can't get the site to load? It was there earlier toady. Weird.

It has just loaded for me, 5th attempt and left for about 45 seconds. Might be a hosting issue to be honest.

I have only ever used the payment gateway side of google checkout but I believe the google checkout shopping cart will allow multiple products to be added to the cart only leaving the site to take final payment.

The following link has more information and a link to a demo of the store

Google Checkout

Couple more options for when you can't/don't want to use a full on cart script with database:

fatfreecart.com (uses scripts hosted by them and runs in a Lightbox style on your site. Handy button generator tool too!)

nopdesign.com/freecart/ (Javascript, more payment options, e.g WorldPay, COD, very customisable)

Thanks everyone,
What I'd really like to do is keep the cart that is there on the site, using the buttons etc, and having the items mount up in the cart on the left.
Then, pay through Paypal.
How could I work that into the site?

Thanks for that :) Hopefully I'll be able to integrate that into the website. It might take forever, but hopefully I can :)

Back