Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shameless Self Promotion

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Sunburn, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Hey guys, got some good news today, managed to get the company website listed on cssmania
    Ventutec | CSS Mania

Would be fantastic if the guys and gals would Vote for us and spread the word via twitter and facebook :)

Cheers all.

Geoff.

2. voted for you mate.

3. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Cheers Chris, really appreciated.

4. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Same here, oh and I know where you work - buhahaha ^_^
    :D

5. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

@ renniks lol yes, no getting away from that now, bit the bullet :) just awaiting the free hearing aid trials and tena lady sample packs ;) to come through the post.

6. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

I just voted and shall spam my followers and facebook friends when I get home!

7. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Don't wanna kill the mood but you make it sound as if it's hard to get listed on cssmania... They accept pretty much anything that looks decent... just saying :rolleyes:

It's a good site though, deserves to be on a few css galleries ;)

8. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Hi Kevin, yes, its fair to say that CSS mania is not perhaps the most difficult gallery to get listed on, although reading back my op, i disagree with your perceived sentiment that I was suggesting it was an hard earn achievement :) especially when you consider the sheer number of submissions per day CSSMANIA gets :)

However that being said, CSSMANIA has an alexa top traffic rank of 0.02% (lower = better) and several other galleries uses its API in their listings. So its a good result to be listed al round win win.

You will have to excuse my writing, there been a couple of birthdays in the office this month and we all been out drinking this lunch time having joint celebrations, so my spelling and is likely to be even worse than usual :)

9. Greg

Greg Active Member

You've got my vote Geoff :)
    (just hoping for more replies as the lunch time drinks roll onto an afternoon of more drinks)

10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Got my vote.

11. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Cheers for your support guys, Ill be happy to post the stats tomorrow when they update from google.
    I intend to show a before and after (effect) of being listed.

Back to the drinks and Birthday note, I'm really struggling now though, the guys have brought in cup cakes to munch on. several beers, mega burger for lunch and now cup cakes with inch thick icing making me feel sick!

12. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I got sent home from one job because of too many lunch beers! In my defence I was working for the government and only 18!

13. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

I voted for you too, and feel your pain, I'd be falling asleep after all that!

:D

14. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

@ lol Mr P good show :)
    @ Tom cheers tom, appreciated.

15. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Hey guys, firstly big thanks to all that helped out yesterday, really appreciated.
    Well here are the stats so far....

Background: Until about four weeks ago Ventutec had a website that was pulling in around the 15 to 20 unique visitors per day mark, and such upon release of our new website and also a change in business direction we have succeeded in raising that number to the 50-70 unique visitors per day mark, and the trend looks to be constantly improving, this has been achieved by a mixture of SEO both on and off site plus some basic marketing :)

As of yesterday, having being listed on CSSMANIA, our daily traffic hit over a 1000 unique visitors, I appreciate that this will fall in time, however this drop off will be gradual, the knock on effect of this in the mid to long term is still to be judged obviously, but i'm confident the increase in traffic levels will not only increase in the conversions we receive (which it already has) but daily unique visitors will also remain encouraging going forward.

16. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Surely the extra traffic from CSSmania isn't the kind of traffic you want (though extra traffic will always be appreciated and useful)

17. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Well CSS mania is thematically accurate to our Business, ala web design, dev, apps etc so thats part of the reasoning behind it, however more so is the exposure CSSMANIA brings in the sense that other Galleries, Web Design, Web Dev blogs then link to us and assist in the spidering of our url. As you can see the backlink generation is very desirable for any business thats looking to increase in its organic rankings in the serps.

Geoff.

18. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Nice work Geoff!

Like the jQuery on the home page! is that your handy work or a plugin?

Sounds like you've done a good job for the client (increase in visitors etc) well done!

19. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

@tbwcf -- all the js is custom coded unless stated in the comments :) no plug-ins apart from fancybox
    a lot of hard work !