Sell cars on facebook

unbornink

What do you think?

Car Search on Facebook | Facebook

We’ve been building this at work, you can list your car for free if you are looking to sell it, hosting up to 9 images per advert.

It works inside of Facebook for massive exposure, and also has a database of approved cars from dealers across the country.

Car Search on Facebook

The permissions are used to calculate the distance to the cars from your location and name / email address to pre populate contact forms.

Thanks guys

You lost me when it demanded access to my data, I really don't like giving data away to a potentially dodgy app. Why not say where the cars are or allow me to put in a town and a radius?

Thanks for the feedback,

The idea was to simplify the process. Just like many other Facebook & iPhone apps it uses data that you have already input (on your fb account or GPRS on the iPhone) to save you having to re-add the same information over and over again.

However, there is an option under 'advanced search' for you to input a postcode and choose the distance of listed cars.

Hope that helps :)

that link goes straight to a page that has ALLOW / DON'T ALLOW access to my details, there isn't an advanced section that I could find. It ain't going to happen.

Why not just use Facebook's marketplace? I don't use many FB apps, and likely wouldn't add one to sell something. I'd probably just mention I was selling my car in my status and let word of mouth do the job.

Must admit to not being overly technical when it comes to Facebook apps but I surf Facebook through https and your app says I need to switch to http. Is there a reason for that? I am a little less squeamish about allowing my details through apps if I can run through the Facebook SSL.

Sorry not sure why that is, I will pass on the message to our developers to get an answer for you.

We are currently in the process of removing the permissions request and allowing you to input the data yourself :)

Why not just use Facebook's marketplace? I don't use many FB apps, and likely wouldn't add one to sell something. I'd probably just mention I was selling my car in my status and let word of mouth do the job.

would you consider advertising on such sites as autotrader or ebay? If so, it's the same idea but through Facebook, and free. The app works with some of the largest UK car dealerships so you can expect to get great exposure to your ad, or find a dealer approve car easily.

Back