Selecting multiple objects in layers panel in illustrator?

tom thurs

I was wondering if there's a way of selecting multiple objects in layers panel in illy?
I can select each circle thing individually next to the object but I can't shift select a large group of them.

Is there a hidden button combination like the 'shift+alt+cmd+J' on 2 end points to turn them into one point?

Thanks for any help

You should just be able to select which ever ones you want by shift-clicking the radio button (circle). If that doesn't work then... i dunno.

In Illustrator you should be able to select any item on any layer just by clicking them (providing the layer isnnt locked) obviously this isn't the case in Photoshop but it one of the boons of the program.

Sorry I probably didn't make myself clear enough.
I was after a way of selecting one file at the top of the layers list then selecting another say 10 down and selecting all of them inbetween, like you would do in a folder holding down shift.

The reason is when I open some pdfs in illy it converts huge bits of text into individual letters so selecting each one takes ages if I can't get to them by dragging a box over them.

Cheers

Ah right, yeah i misunderstood:) Not sure about that off the top of my head, i don't think you can do that. You mean it breaks it up into individual letters but still as editable text?

In the place i used to work we were using Freehand 5.5 until last year, then they moved over to Illustrator CS4. When it came to opening FH files in CS4 the text would break up really randomly, individual full stops and all sorts.

I got sick of having to sort it all out by copying and pasting so i did some searching and found this - wundes.com. If you download the Join TextFrames v.2.1 script and put it in your Presets/Scripts folder it makes it a whole lot easier to deal with. After you've made your selections that is. Slightly off the original topic i know but it's dead handy:)

It breaks it into individual letters as text and as outlines sometimes it just depends on the file or maybe how illy is feeling that day.

Cheers for wundes.com deadleg I'll have to give that a go!

I also noticed your from Scarborough and like Adam and Joe much respect! I used to live in Masham if you know it NYC in the house (that's north yorkshire county :D )

I certainly know of Masham, my favourite ale comes from there:) but never actually been even though it's only bout an hour away. I see from your introduction thread that you work in a brewery? Is that the same one i wonder?

Because it's about Adobe Illustrator I suppose. Clue's in the name. But yeah it might be better suited in the design hardware/software area.

houseofdeadleg said:
I certainly know of Masham, my favourite ale comes from there:) but never actually been even though it's only bout an hour away. I see from your introduction thread that you work in a brewery? Is that the same one i wonder?

I actually work for a different one now but I used to work for Black Sheep but not designing just serving beer.

Typo said:
Why is this in the illustration section....?

Sorry I'm new I'll put it in the there next time

Back