Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking feedback for indie dev company logo

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Mad_ego, Mar 7, 2017.

?

What is the best logo ?

1. Logo 1

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Logo 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Logo 3

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Logo 4

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Mad_ego

Mad_ego New Member

Hi everyone!

We are hesitating between four different logos for an indie game dev company and we are looking for some feedback :)

What do you think of their typography?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I think no.1 is the cleanest (though still needs simplifying and a better font choice) but I like that no.4 doesn't use a lightbulb.

No.2 is has a very tall footprint which makes it seem imbalanced. No.3 will lose legibility at smaller scales (that light bulb won't be obvious).

Honestly, I would avoid both a bulb and a brain since they're both obvious choices. I'd focus more on the cabin, personally, it's easier to explore ideas around that than the concept of an idea.

3. Mad_ego

Mad_ego New Member

Thank you for your feedback ! Yes, the font must be improved and I will try to go to a more symbolic logo using the cabin idea. :)

4. Martin Scurry

Martin Scurry Member

First logog is far better then other 3 logos. go with first.

5. wac

wac Senior Member

One probably has the most potential. I think they're all a little busier than needs be but if you flattened 1 out, removed the cabin (bear with me) and then maybe just added a roof to the lightbulb?

6. I agree if you scale any of thiese down its going to be a mess, all very busy logos.
    I would lose the lightbulb and go with "the thinker pose" and a cabin just two flat vectors without too much detail and negative space.
    Perhaps the thinker sitting in front of the cabin.

7. MrJoe10

MrJoe10 Member

I know it might be a bit late to give feedback now, but I would stick with no.3. The cabin and light bulb are both incorporated in the logo text. Which makes the logo modern and easy to remember. The light bulb is also a symbol that represents "ideas" and it's perfect that it's there. No.1 and no.2 don't seem to be as modern as no.3 and no.4. The problem with no.4 is that the light bulb is not present.

8. Ritchie Valens

Ritchie Valens New Member

I think No.1 just in Black or Dark Grey.
    No. 4 hurts my eyes

9. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Why not just IDEA CABIN - and have the a of Cabin be a cabin.

IDEA
    CABIN

10. david19922

david19922 New Member

the colour combination is not that great !

11. JessaCamacho

JessaCamacho New Member

No.2 is the best for me!