Secure Clients Files

RickNash

Im not sure if this is the best place to ask as its not got much to do with graphic designing.... :icon_blushing:

Like most of you i have a lot of files for different clients scattered all over the place on several servers for them to download.

Until recently I had a little mess up in files and a client downloaded the wrong clients work. luckily I started to password protect my rar files.

my question is does anyone know of any free opensource scripts that is a file manager that has a username and password protect section for my clients files?

Many thanks

Im not sure if this is the best place to ask as its not got much to do with graphic designing.... :icon_blushing:

Like most of you i have a lot of files for different clients scattered all over the place on several servers for them to download.

Until recently I had a little mess up in files and a client downloaded the wrong clients work. luckily I started to password protect my rar files.

my question is does anyone know of any free opensource scripts that is a file manager that has a username and password protect section for my clients files?

Many thanks

Could you not just put each client's files in an individual folder on your server and then password protect using a .htaccess file?

Thanks for your reply, :icon_thumbup:

That would be the easy method i just wanted to use a more polished look :icon_crying: lol

Thanks for your reply, :icon_thumbup:

That would be the easy method i just wanted to use a more polished look :icon_crying: lol

Fair enough. A log-in script in PHP/MSQL actually isn't that hard. Are you running on Linux/Unix with PHP support?

Fair enough. A log-in script in PHP/MSQL actually isn't that hard. Are you running on Linux/Unix with PHP support?

yes i am. i was surprised not to find anything on Google about an exciting project. or i wasn't searching the right words lol.

thanks for your reply once again,

So how do all you other designers host and supply your clients files?

Last edited:
All-in-all I find the .htaccess file permission thing more convenient. If you set-up such php scripts that requires special permissions and if you plan to change hosts, you might land-up in a mess as all those permissions would have to be set again manually, and believe thats a huge head-ache.

Back