Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret Weapon

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by mcskillz, Sep 8, 2010.

1. mcskillz

mcskillz Member

Hi all, first time poster, long time reader!

I went for a little break with the better half to Scarborough last month. I used to go as a little lad and wanted to see if it was still as magic as it was back then! We had a great time, relaxed on the north beach, drank beer, walked around… it was really chilled.

Then I walked round to the south beach. Where the masses were, and it was manic to say the least! Don't get me wrong it was a cheesy fun atmosphere, but the one thing I couldn't help but notice was the horrendous shopfaces along the beach front.

Got me thinking how awesome it would be to have a 'Design Cannon' - that you could fire at every shop along the pier and it would instantly transform into a wicked looking fantastically designed work of art!

Also available, Design Tip-Ex. Rub over any instance of Comic Sans to instantly transform it into any other font!

Any secret weapon ideas out there for the clever scientist folks to be working on for us lowly creatives??
  2. linziloop

linziloop Member

Real life copy and paste, copy and pasting super powers yay!
  3. Ian Bonner

Ian Bonner Member

What about a REAL cannon so we can blow away all the 'design-cum-copy-cum print' shops that are taking all our work by doing £20 logos?
  4. mcskillz

mcskillz Member

Where is the 'like' button? lol

All we can hope for is that people who go down these roads feel like they've wasted their cash and come to us! I just finished a job where the client was looking for me to bend on my rate, and as much as I'd have liked the cash, and was interested in the work, I stood fast and explained the importance of this stage of their business plan, and how a good brand ID could be the difference between potential clients opening their correspondence and throwing it away, and if they wanted to pay peanuts, they'd be able to get a monkey to do their design work.

They are paying to be in my head, not just for what happens on paper :)

Had another idea…
    Whenever a client sends an email, marked as 'highest priority' without any need for it, their computer automatically locks down and doesn't work until they type 'I must not use the highest priority button in my email for no good reason' 1000 times.
  5. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Well done to stand your ground. But so many people aren't willing to pay for design or quality print and accept rubbish.

Love the idea of the 'Magic Eraser' to change bad fonts!
  6. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

A real life "Command Z" button.
  7. Logopro

Logopro Member

Go Go Gadget Alt + Tab and don't worry about it? :p
  8. tezdread

tezdread Member

9. Pete

Pete Member

cmd+f any day. The amount of times I've caught myself trying to do it in my head when I'm looking for my car keys doesn't bear thinking about.
  10. Ryuren

Ryuren New Member

I agree, that would be awesome, say someone has a particularly yummy looking cake.. you want it! /copy & /paste = yum.:icon_lol: