Searching for Job

Mikeoug

Hello again mates. As I said in my welcome post I am only 20 days in UK searching for job. My background experience contains mostly Packaging Design. I have applied in 120 vacancies already BUT no answer yet. I have to say also that despite my 9 years experience I am applying for Junior positions because i have to make a new start here in UK! So, I ll paste a link here with a small presentation of my CV and work samples. Happy to hear from anyone! Mostly I want hard critisism from you and no good words! I want you to show me the bad things and not the good ones. Thank you for your consideration and your time!
Michael Ougourloglou by Mike Oug on Prezi
(sorry for my bad english)

Dont really have any bad words. Apart from prezi wouldnt be my choice for showcasing. Get a behance pro site or something. All the work is stellar

Ah my fault I misread it. Was going to say, an 11 year old designer, you'd be a prodigy!

Good look with the search.

I second the opinion of switching to something like Behance. Make it easy for people to be able to look through your work as and when they want. I found it very annoying having to go through a presentation to view your work. This way you can categorise it to appeal to industry people who are looking for specific skills.

Hello Michael and good luck...
I am discouraged at the moment... I am looking for work and I find it very hard. As I read here, 200 applications for one job??? What is going on? Why so many applicants? All of a sudden the number of jobs dropped or the number of graphic designers increased?
I have over 300 applications myself, over 5 months since I started looking for another job.
Now I am thinking of quitting graphic design and try something else. I mean, with all the knowledge required, and the experience and the responsibilities I find it is underpaid and other jobs are easier to get into and also better paid. It's pitty for all the years spent in graphic design, all that experience...

Back