Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scuba Diving

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by sarah, Sep 17, 2009.

1. sarah

sarah Member

Basically...Spent 5 days scuba diving in Cuba and boyfriend and i got our licenses. Now i'm literally obsessed. Can't stop thinking about it in fact.

Already booked tickets for an exhibition in October and intend to try and buy all my own gear as well.

What are everyone's experiecnes with scuba diving? Any amazing destinations? We've already done Egypt but we didnt have licenses last year so don't think we fully appreciated it. So Red Sea is definitely a must for us again.

Going to get my underwater pics developed and if there are any good ones i'll scan them and post them up. Went round two shipwrecks which were literally amazing.

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

3. I've been told that the Maldives are good for diving and so is the waters around Australia :)

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Get them developed to CD save scanning them in, then you can print mahoosive pictures (imagine that's one advantage of being Manager of a printing company :p)

5. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Pulau Weh (I saw Turtles, Lion Fish and Moray Eels just when snorkelling there. People who scuba dived there saw Manta Rays almost every day and Whale Sharks once in a while.). You can stay there in basic huts on stilts in the water for £1 a night and the water is so clear you can see tropical fish just looking down from your balcony.

Rinca and Komodo also has good diving and snorkelling. Alor and Pantar are supposed to be really incredible but only for very experienced divers. Loads of sharks and dangerous currents.

Papua New Guinea is supposed to be the best place for diving and has the highest diversity of tropical fish and coral in the world.

6. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Would love to do this one day, one thing ive always wanted to do

7. charles

charles Senior Member

i've done great barrier reef and dominican republic...

most of the time all i was thinking about was the fact i was missing out on some decent waves on my surfboard.

8. br3n

br3n Senior Member

I enjoyed it, but cant help but say it was a little boring - I would like to do some cave or rip dives though.

9. sarah

sarah Member

Oo Dominican was where i first did it 3 years ago, but looking back i think it was pretty boring there. I''m sure Cuba wasn't the most exciting of places but we saw some massive Barracudas and Moray Eels. It;s the sharks we want though and i want to see Turtles.

Going to bookmark those pages thanks Aarlev.

I;ve been told Maldives is one of the best places as well but really difficult diving because of the currents. A couple we met said that they ended up having to cling onto the reef so they didnt get swept away.

Going to get the pics done today...can't wait!

10. sarah

sarah Member

Thought i'd just post some of the scuba pics up...

11. sarah

sarah Member

12. Greg

Greg Active Member

Cool photos Sarah, must have been warm waters to wear the half arm/leg wetsuits?

13. sarah

sarah Member

Yeah it was reeeallly warm. At the top it just felt like a bath!

14. all it would be missing is the bubbles :p