Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scroll bar on right hand side

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by TomStutt, Oct 14, 2009.

1. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

Hi all

Is there are way to get the scroll bar to stay on the right hand side on every page. i have some pages that arnt long enough to warrent a scroll bar and the page moves when i click between pages.

cheers

2. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

It can be quite obvious or annoying sometimes, not sure if there is a solution but I'd like to know it if there is though :)

3. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

4. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

@Aarlev overflow-x / overflow-y are css3 properties?

would overflow:scroll; work or would that give you a horizontal scroll bar too?

maybe body {height:100%; margin-bottom:-10px;} something like that might work for the pages that aren't long enough?

5. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Yeah I don't know of any solutions with css2. So yeah I guess I'm not much of a help. :D

I tried overflow:scroll once and that gives you a horizontal scrollbar as well.

6. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

I've seen this mentioned a few times in .net magazine (Q/A write in section) I'll have a look through a couple later and see if I can pick it up...

7. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

@Aarlev - stuck your solution into the css and it worked a treat on all browsers. thanks

8. Harry

Harry Senior Member

html{ height:101%;}

That's the best standard and cross browser solution. overflow-y isn't universally recognised…