Script type recommendations...

davewill

Im designing a Save the Date for a friend and she really wants a script face for the main title. I normally use Edwardian Script ITC which has lovely caps and clean lower case letters but has anyone got any other recommendations?

Any of these to your liking...
bickham script pro regular
kunstler script
monotype corsiva - not as scripty as most
palace script mt
pristina - bit different
st park avenue
vivaldi
vladimir script

Thanks Levi, Ill have a look through them. Script fonts arent really my thing. Im trying to convince the bride that sans serif is the way to go, but its her wedding so the final choice will be hers!

I'm not a big fan of script fonts either! Did you make a decision?

Thanks for that Russ, its a nice face indeed. At the moment Im using Edwardian Script (my trusty old friend) and as an alternative Ive tried Valentina which isnt a script, just a serif.
Im hoping to pursude the bride to stick to Avenir Bold as I prefer it, so I dont want to buy a new face incase its not needed. She wants something traditional, but the groom likes sans serif faces so theres a debate to be had!
p.s. I was going to upload some screengrabs but it wont let me. Is uploading of files not allowed anymore?

uploading files was broken for me too.... not enough space or something, so you'll need the old fashioned shove it on imageshack or similar approach :)

Thanks for that Lee-Ann, I am still working on the project so Im still welcoming suggestions! Thanks!

oooh nice, at this point though Im reluctant to buy fonts as its a job im doing as a favour and if the bride chooses a differnet font I will have wasted valuable pennies on a font I wont end up using, but Ill bookmark that for future ref, ta.

Thanks Shauna, love your work by the way, just followed you on Behance. Do you draw your lettering on paper first and scan it in or is it all digital?

davewill said:
Thanks Shauna, love your work by the way, just followed you on Behance. Do you draw your lettering on paper first and scan it in or is it all digital?
Thanks for the follow! With the exception of a project I'm working on now that has too many elements for me to draw each individually and scan, I usually start out sketching several ideas on paper, ink them on tracing paper, and then pull them into photoshop/illustrator (depending on what I want the final outcome to be) and then work on them there. Lately I have found some really nice brushes that mimic pens and pencils so I have been messing around with those. :)

Back