Screen Protectors

mike_302

I'm trying to do some research on screen protectors, because my first experience with a matte protector from ViaScreens was POOR. I have a Lenovo Yoga C940 (a brand new premium laptop with touch and pen input -- built largely for drawing).

I am now looking at the following models that I can have custom cut to my C940 screen:
  1. upscreen Scratch Shield Clear
  2. Brotect HD-Clear
I really do enjoy drawing on the smooth screen as it is, and I don't think I have a preference for the "paper-like" texture of a matte screen -- I just really despised how much touch sensitivity I lost when the screen protector was on. Drawing simple things, my lines would be broken rather frequently.

Any advice or guidance? I was not having much luck with google, finding good articles discussing this topic specifically in the context of drawing on laptop screens, so I thought I would come straight to the source.

I just really despised how much touch sensitivity I lost when the screen protector was on. Drawing simple things, my lines would be broken rather frequently.
Um... adjust the sensitivity of the pen....

If you can't do that then you basically can't use a screen protector, not sure why you'd be using one anyway as it looks like the device has a glass screen which 'shouldn't' be scratched by the pen nib.

Personally I've never used a screen protector, seen no reason to use one in all honesty.

Sensitivity adjustment didn't solve it. I sent a video of some of my efforts drawing, to the supplier of the Celicious brand Matte screen protector and they acknowledged it seemed the matte protector was causing some friction with the pen tip, hindering the screen's performance/recognition of the pen. They are sending their glossier Vivid Plus screen protector as a replacement. I'll try that...

But I'm getting a screen protector for the same reason you had to put the word 'shouldn't' in quotes... Because it only 'shouldn't' scratch.

But I'm getting a screen protector for the same reason you had to put the word 'shouldn't' in quotes... Because it only 'shouldn't' scratch.
I use 'shouldn't' because there's always a chance but in all honesty I've never seen it happen yet.... the only way I see a plastic/rubber nib scratching glass is if something sort of heavy duty grit gets between the nib and the glass and the odds of that is well near zero imo.

Back