Screen printing

Jordan

My knowledge on printing is very minimal and interesting in learning more and trying out some printing techniques and was looking for some advice.
I'm interested in doing some screen printing and experimenting with it. I've have been looking at buying a kit. By the looks of things it will be a lot cheaper just to make my own so just looking for some advice on the subject and maybe some other ideas in regards to printing techniques.
Thanks
Jordan

If you're looking to get super details images on the screen, you're going to need a UV laser/projector that burns them on. Screen printing is great for texture :)

That sounds expensive. I quite like the textured effect you get with screen printing, just want to have a go myself, wish they would have covered this topic whilst I was studying.

I used to work as a screen printer and you can make loads of the kit yourself.
The UV screen maker was just something knocked together with a UV bulb in it.
It was like an old tea chest with a bulb inside and a glass top and a hinged lid.

Yeah, I used to work as a screen printer and signmaker too. We just bought all of our kit ;)

There are places (like guilds) where you can pay to sign up and use their screen printing facilities. You'd have to check where they are in your area and i also believe there can be waiting lists. Not sure on prices either, could be more cost effective to do it alone.

Back