Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

school bans the word school!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by berry, Jan 3, 2009.

1. berry

berry Active Member

2. tim

tim Senior Member

Ridiculous, totally! But I gotta say, if it makes a particular difference, why not? It's not harming anyone.

I'm only disagreeing with the article though because it's from The Sun. And they talk crap, TBPH

3. berry

berry Active Member

It's also in the Mail and the Times!

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Crazy! Can't believe this was really news worthy..

Surely this would make it harder for kids to separate school, sorry their place for learning, and home and activities like watching TV?

5. berry

berry Active Member

IT GETS BETTER!!!!!!! ( the Times)

WINNING IS NOT ALLOWED!!!!

"Edinburgh council has already introduced rules to allow losing football teams to field extra players. The regulations decree that if one team is more than five goals ahead at half-time, the score reverts to 0-0. Teams have also been banned from playing in league and cup competitions. Instead, they compete in an endless series of friendly matches"

Winning is not allowed at PC school sports days - Times Online

6. tim

tim Senior Member

Still don't care about the Mail!

Oh well, we can't really criticise. We don't even know if it's going to be a failure or help the kids yet.

And what's wrong with 'endless football matches'? it's great playing football.

7. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

I think its PC going over the top - I believe it's only a matter of time before we have a "V for Vendetta" scenario on our hands...

...bloody loons........

8. brandmantra

brandmantra Junior Member

I think they have no more scoop to publish....

9. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

I read, I think in the express, the other day that the MOD has told all British soldiers not to refer to the Taliban as the Taliban, but as the enemy or insurgents, because the word Tali means scholar.

However, according to the paper, all the village elders the people that actually matter in the hearts and minds campaign don't want it changed because they don't understand what the word insurgent means and it has been that way for decades, and the word Taliban gives them a way to accredit blame.

Talk about giving our guys and gals a harder time due to PC gone mad. :mad:

Jaz

10. berry

berry Active Member

Er ..Shouldn't we err on the safe side and refer to your last comment as 'PC/Apple gone mad"
    We wouldn't want to offend anyone!:lol:

11. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

I was in a training session the other month about how to treat fellow colleages that sort of thing, anyway we got onto the topic of the word half cast, personally I have never used it cant see why I would need to TBH, but apparently the word has been changed to dual heritage due to some PC/MAC :D issue.

Anyway my friend, who is a British Asian, so 1 heritage, that being British, and a few others of us, went mad, he especially was so offended and the word half cast didn't offend him.

So I pointed out that as technically we are related from Celt, Roman, Saxon and Norman heritage that I was offended by being called only 1 heritage, don't think it had the same impact, even if I am technically right. :)

Anyway we didn't actually get much more "training", sorry keeping people employed for nothing, done after the 2 hour debate, I was utter ridiculous, it really was.

I am totally up for PC if it gets rid of discrimination/racism but I mean sometimes........:mad: