Scart printer can print through USB?

rezo

I've got old HP Lazerjet 6L with scart port, can I adapt it to print through USB?
Otherwise would need to buy a new one (I like HP) - entry level however I like it to have equal h/v resolution. Something like HP LaserJet Pro M203dw
Thanks

You can get usb to parallel port (it's not scart, thats on a tv) print adapters (I have a couple) or even pci cards that add them. I did find them hit and miss when I tried them although this was a few years back now, I haven't used my A2 printer for years, likely can't even get ink for it now...

You might find you have more issues with driver support though as not all os's support that approach.
You can get something like this from ebay for a couple of quid - just make sure you get the right male or female fitting though...

Regarding possible driver problems. We have some pretty old laboratory analytical instruments, getting drivers for some of them was a non starter. A couple run on win 95! What we do is, run a win 95 OS inside a VM. Most cards or cable add ons can pass to a VM, we use VM Ware software.

Back