Saving Logos?

Paul's giving good advice, setting up files for print can be very complicated depending on the job (special colours etc etc).

Also its worth double/triple checking everything in terms of the details as once you have printed 10,000 of something a blinding artwork mistake becomes very expensive!

Speaking of blinding mistakes. Client of mine got in touch to say she loved the 8pp brochures I did for her but was embarrassed to say she gave me the wrong telephone number to put on them.

DOH!! :icon_hide:

Funny you should say that Col, I just last week did a job for 5,000 Letterheads, 5,000 Compliment Slips and 5,000 Laminated Business Cards, all with the wrong telephone number :icon_Wall:

Lucky our T&C's cover us, as although we check thoroughly it is the customer's responsibility to proof and approve artwork, which they did. It turns out she put the wrong telephone number in our initial correspondence.

They have been re-printed this week :icon_biggrin:

Funny you should say that Col, I just last week did a job for 5,000 Letterheads, 5,000 Compliment Slips and 5,000 Laminated Business Cards, all with the wrong telephone number :icon_Wall:

Lucky our T&C's cover us, as although we check thoroughly it is the customer's responsibility to proof and approve artwork, which they did. It turns out she put the wrong telephone number in our initial correspondence.

They have been re-printed this week :icon_biggrin:

Likewise mate. A client has to send me an e-mail confirming they have proofed everything and they confirm the print run to go ahead. She also sent me the telephone number in here 'proof read' content!

People may have already said this but it is best to provide logos for both print and screen. If you are doing a branding exercise for a client and not just a single logo then you would want to go into much more detail.

What we would supply to a client :

Create a folder and name it PRINT and inside this folder we would have the following files all saved at 300 dpi:

CMYK EPS file (colour)
CMYK EPS file (mono)
CMYK 300 dpi JPEG file (colour)
CMYK 300 dpi JPEG file (mono)

PANTONE EPS file (colour)
PANTONE EPS file (mono)

Create a folder and name it WEB and inside this folder we would have the following files all saved at 72 dpi :

RGB EPS file (colour)
RGB JPEG file (colour)
RGB PNG file (colour)
RGB GIF file (colour)

RGB EPS file (mono)
RGB JPEG file (mono)
RGB PNG file (mono)
RGB GIF file (mono)

By supplying our clients with all these files it saves us time in the long run as it takes minutes to export all these files. And we make sure we keep a back up of the AI file ;)

Back