Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving for Web Help - Adobe Illustrator

Discussion in 'Adobe Forum:' started by Squevasquidge, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Squevasquidge

Squevasquidge Member

In Illy Im using save for web and devices- GIF so that I can send my friend her logo with a transparent BG. But when I previewed it seems way more pixelated than I expected. Its a vector logo, is this normal? Can I do it any differently to achieve a higher quality image? Or maybe Im barking up the wrong tree completely!!

Thanks in advance,

Eva

2. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried a .png instead?

3. Toppers

Toppers Member

I'd also save a .png for web use as interlaced.

4. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I hate when people repeat the answer over and over again, but yeah, try a PNG24 with transparency checked and you should be sorted :icon_smile:

5. Toppers

Toppers Member

I don't see any more repetition of answers that don't have added information... like yours :icon_tongue_smilie:

6. Paul Murray

I wasn't talking specifically about this thread. Sometimes you'll find a thread with 5 answers saying exactly the same thing (not so much on this forum though) :icon_smile:

7. Squevasquidge

Squevasquidge Member

Thanks! Will try as a png!

8. Squevasquidge

Squevasquidge Member

Okay...its not making any difference? Its just the same? Im really confused now...Do I just make my vector larger?

9. Paul Murray

Possibly, if it's really small you may get pixelation around the edges. Try it larger and see if that helps. Failing that, try uploading the image to the board and we'll take a look.

10. Squevasquidge

Squevasquidge Member

All sorted. Just increased the size of the vector. Thought it was already quite big but obviously just have no idea! Resized it to 2000px by 800px and its totally fine now. Thanks for the help guys!

11. divarien

divarien New Member

Hi i had this similar problem.Found my own solution. Open your .ai file in Photoshop and then save the image as png or jpeg. Photoshop is good in this..