Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RUDE people!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Had a call today from a lady where she started in a very aggressive tone...

HER:
    I received a consignment number for a delivery that is supposed to arrive today, it hasn't arrived and I have taken a day off work to wait for it. I really needed that delivery today and I am absolutley fuming that it hasn't arrived. I have phoned the courier who say they don't even have the consignment number, what is going on, your service so far is awful!!!!

ME:
    Let me take some details and I will see what has happened. Can I have your name please?

She gives her name and I look on the system, can't find her so I search by the consignment number she provides, nothing comes up.

ME:
    What is it you have ordered?

HER:
    An exercise bike!

ME:
    We are a printing company.

HER:
    Hangs up the phone.

Obviously at this point I am not a happy bunny....1471, phone her back....

ME:
    Next time you phone a wrong number the decent thing to do is apologise, not to hang up!.....I then hang up :icon_biggrin:

Some people :icon_rolleyes:

2. Stationery Direct

On another similar note, the other thing that bugs me is sales calls, we are registered with the TPS but still receive them.

What I don't like is when I say I am not interested they don't have the decency to say thankyou and goodbye, they just hang up. If 1471 is available for the number I always phone back and give the manager some stick....a great way to relieve stress I find.

3. sweetums

sweetums Member

Hahaha! I can imgine how annoying that was for you boss but it made me laugh when I read it.
    I might try that 1471 thing next time someone hangs up on me!

4. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

Yep, registered with the TPS but still get lots of marketing calls.

5. Stationery Direct

I now turn all marketing calls made to me into an opportunity to market my own services (if they give me chance that is)

"no sorry don't need any SEO thanks, do you need any business stationery?" :icon_smile:

6. Munni

Munni Member

ROFL!!!!:icon_lol:

7. CYoung

CYoung Member

This couldn't be funnier. It's great when idiots realise they're idiots:icon_lol:

8. Lea

Lea New Member

That's classic!! And rude people are complete pains, but make for amusing conversation :icon_lol:

9. dogsbody

dogsbody Member

Oh I go to great lengths to waste the time of cold callers! But then I have been known to rush to the front door just to hold the letterbox shut while someone tries to stuff yet another unwanted pizza leaflet through the door.:icon_scared:

I get worse with age too!