Ruby on Rails

C

chrismitchell

Anyone played with it? Is it worth learning?

I'm just looking at some tutorials.. looks very crazy stuff :)

Yeah its what they used to make Twitter if that helps :) just thought I would see if anyone has played with it.. fancied having a looksee to broaden my horizons a little :D

Our programmer at the office knows Ruby on Rails... I've always been under the impression that it's really difficult :p

ahhh ok ... could you pick his brains about it Kev? Ask him if there are any Ruby specific programs or does he just use Notepad sort of thing :)

Our programmer is a she *cough*
And I'm not sure when I'll be back at the office with school starting again. I only work there part-time, being 16 and all that (almost 17 yay), you see? :)

I know a programmer that uses it, hes amazing and err... does some interesting things with it.

LOL nice save Brendan :) can you ask him if you need a specific program? Or can it all be done in your basic text editor sorta thing :)

From the horses mouth:

Carl says:
just need a normal texteditor, I recommend E for windows, textmate for mac, or smultron for mac if you arent a pirate
But to actually run the code you need to install ruby on rails, at Ruby on Rails , on that page there is also a good turorial screencast named "Creating a weblog in 15 minutes with Rails 2", watch it and see if it is something for you

Cheers for that Brendan :) I thought that was the case :) cheers for letting me know matey :)

Smultron is an awesome free bit of software in my opinion :)

Back