Rubber Stamp

Owenjones

Hello all.

Trying to replicate (accurately) a series of passport stamp graphics, as if they've really been rubber stamped onto paper. I've done it before but never quite managed to get it looking quite right, either too jagged and hard edged, or too blurry where i've 'distorted' or deleted parts.

It's a job I'm having to get sorted very quickly, ie. this morning!! But if anyone has had experience of making this look realistic I'd be grateful for your advice or tips. There are too many awful 'tutorials' on the net for this sort of thing!

The graphics will need to be used on large window posters so will need to work large scale - this makes it more difficult!

In the mean time, I'm gonna crack on again and see how I get on.

Thanks in advance
O

Cheers Adam

Yeah, we've got a couple from iStock which are being tweaked. Unfortunately the vectors don't look like they're actually stamped on when they're solid blocks of colour, more that they've been roughed/grunged up vector style (always a bit clunky, especially when enlarged).

I'm currently experimenting with textures in photoshop, using masks made of the vector paths from iStock! All fun and games!!
Cheers
O

Hmm, afraid to say I think the end result of that tutorial looks pretty ropey!

Don't panic though, I've managed to find a good way of doing it a bit more realistically.

Nah, all gone to print, was just checking back for reference. If anyone wants advice on doing this in future, let me know.
O

Back