Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roll on the Euros! / Wimbledon!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by hankscorpio, Jun 10, 2016.

1. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

COYBIG!

Can't wait for this to kick off tonight. I drew France in stakes, and I can't wait to collect my winnings lol.

As for Ireland, I don't think they have much hope, just be delighted if they got past the groups...

Should be very exciting!

What's everyone doing for the Euros?

2. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I've had a little flutter on the tournament. All we need is England to get to the final but lose to France and Griesmann to be the tournaments top goal scorer and my £30 investment will return £295. :D

3. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

France is a good shout, they tend to do well as hosts. This thread has reminded me to do my accy, and yes, I will be betting on France to win the opening game tonight.

4. @GCarlD

£2 accy, £250+ returns... Come on!!!

5. hankscorpio

Bit of a ropey start for France but looking good. Fantastic goal from Payet!

6. @GCarlD

30 quid on a bet like that? You're confident! Haha. You'd of thought the returns would be more though...

That goal was worldy, so good he cried himself off the pitch!

7. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I'm not voting as I don't know much about it. ;)

8. hankscorpio

Oh so unlucky for England. They had the best chances and Russia were poor. I'm sure they'll still get through.

9. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

I'm still recovering from the Saturday night sesh! o_O

10. @GCarlD

Yep, England lost me £2, I am fuming!

11. hankscorpio

Spain and Czech Rep up next! Should be a good contest!

Although a lot of teams appear to be holding back a bit... the games have not really been one team dominating or end to end action, all a bit coy at the moment.

12. Vladislav

Vladislav New Member

France did not deserve that win :( . Romania won my heart !!!

13. hankscorpio

Yeh, I thought Romanina played really well and hoped they would get a result for their efforts.

However, I do have France in a bet, so I was glad they won!

14. @GCarlD

Are you kidding me? Did you not see that goal of the tournament? It was so good it made him cry!

France had that extra bit of quality and so far I think all the teams that has won, has deserved to win. England are the only team that has been hard done by, typical.

PS. I am not biased.

15. @GCarlD

Rep Ireland up next, I don't think they'll beat Ibrahimovic... I mean Sweden...

I went to Rep Ireland for a month in December, loved it, although it rained wwwaaayyyyyy too much...

16. Stationery Direct

Couple of nice goals from Italy last night.

17. hankscorpio

We nearly took them! We could have had 3 in the first half alone... Sweden aren't all that good, although Martin Olson was the best player on the pitch by far, we should have played 6 right backs to tackle him!

Good game, disappointed with the draw, funny enough, you'd think I'd be happy, but we were so close to a win.

On to the next ones!

18. hankscorpio

Italy looked a lot slicker than I thought they would. Great goals!

Belgium, great players, not a great team... unfortunately.

19. Stationery Direct

Yeah from what others having been saying about Italy prior to the tournament I wasn't expecting much but pretty impressed to be honest (got an Italian Dad)

20. hankscorpio

I'm finding a lot of the teams to be a bit timid in the opening games. Fair play to Italy, they went out to win and they won... go figure!