rock city logo designs

NUGFX

doing a logo for a jewelers and ive came up with these 3 ideas so far, the client wanted a clean look involving a diamond in the logo. got a few more i need 2 get on the cpu from paper. what u think so far anyway. thx

logo1resized.jpg logo2resized.jpg logoresized.jpg

Kerning definitely needs sorting out, i'd try the diamond out in different locations around the name, have it centred above the text.
I would also be tempted loose the gradient in the diamond/ring making it ' cleaner ' and look at different diamond vector illustrations about.

Attached is a link to the Forever Mark logo design, where the logo is clean, elegant and simplified.

The Forevermark Logo Design

Hi NUGFX,
The visuals seem like a solid start.
I agree with the comments above about kerning etc.
I also strongly agree with Clarke's point about the shading. I've never been a fan of gradients in logo design. It's something that has become popular with the advent of logos only being used online. When physically printed the shading softens the logo and lessens it's impact, even though it might look nice on screen. However, when it comes to logo design 'looking nice' isn't necessarily the aim.

You list a 'clean' look as an important factor. I believe you'd go a long way to doing this by reconsidering the shading.
In the first visual I like the idea of the diamond sitting on the C to make it look like a ring. It's simple and striking. Try nesstling it into the 'Rock' text above the 'o'. Should make the logo a lot more compact without compromising (possibly improving) the original idea.

I'd try using a different font for the tag line too. In use that text is going to be very small, and a font with such heavy serifs will feel clunky. Try to find a minimal yet complimentary font to the main text.

Hope that helps.

cheese for the imput, ill work on it and change them, got a few more ideas so ill get them up soon

I really dislike the diamond itself. It just doesn't fit in with the nice, classic typeface. Try simplifying the diamond, perhaps go down a less obvious route.

Out of curiosity, why do you ask us for our advice and input? You regularly post new work up here for us to critique, yet looking at your actual portfolio, you seem to ignore everything that's suggested - the Rozzi Construction and David Chin logos for example.

the rozzi logo i did change but it didnt look right and the client didnt like the R as a hammer, as for the david chin logo ill hold my hands up and got a bit lazy and didnt change it but the client was happy with it. no worries arrivals

Personally I don't think a serif font fits with the 'clean' aspect of your brief. Serif fonts can be clean of course, but to me at least, diamonds suggest sharpness and clarity which the font you've chosen isn't getting across. Maybe a thin sans serif would work better. And as others have suggested, the kerning needs sorted and lose the gradients. Gradients/shading look cheap.

Back