Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robocop remake

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Paul Murray, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

So you may have seen the trailer for the new Robocop travesty, I mean remake. I'm a massive Robocop fanboi, and have been expressing my distaste at the very idea of a remake since I first heard about it.

Rather unsurprisingly it looks like they've ignored what the original film was and was about (a satire and commentary on 80s' culture) and just taken the premise of a cyborg cop, added some big Hollywood names, lots of CGI explosions, dub-steppy sound effects and a nice 12A friendly death sequence. Oh, let's not forget some throw backs to the original in the way of catchphrases and a not-so-subtle shot of the original design Robocop design.

I haven't been this angry since The Phantom Menace!!! :icon_mad:

[video=youtube_share;c92z3c1xeUg]http://youtu.be/c92z3c1xeUg[/video]

2. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Ah Samuel L Jackson - is there a film he isn't in? I'm surprised Morgan Freeman isn't in it.

I didn't recognise the lead role, but I did watch the Killing and was a fan of that... but he's hardly Robocop material...

Robocop is a classic and I really hope that this doesn't spit all over it. But seriously, can they not come up with original storylines anymore?

Seems like the movie makers of today have access to technology of CGI and 3D and just rehash all the classics and basically destroy them.

And you know what "I wouldn't buy that for a dollar"

3. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

Yes this movie looks total trash tbh just like most re-makes.

PS. I loved Darth Maul.

4. rob burnham

rob burnham New Member

I don't know the trailer seems to indicate an intent to poke at how current marketing and the 24-hour news cycle devalues peoples lives, turning them into mere political tools for the powers-that-be. That being said it does look a bit crap!

5. boundsey

boundsey New Member

Is it just me or does it sound a bit like avatar. Man gets a disability is given the ability to walk and he turns on the people who gave him the ability, for moral reasons :p