Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riddles

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Pickles, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Pickles

Pickles Member

We are playing with riddles in the office and thought I'd share a few!

1. CYGTNLIT... guess the next letter.
    2. Guess the forth word that relates to the three clue words: Skunk - Kings - Boiled - ?
    3. Inch - Deal - Peg
    4. A child playing on the beach has 6 sand piles in one area and 3 in another. If he put them all together, how many sand piles would he have?
    5. How many cubic centimeters of dirt are in a hole 6 meters long, 2 meters wide and one meter deep?
    6. If you drop a rock, would it fall more rapidly through water at 40 degrees Fahrenheit or 20 degrees Fahrenheit? Why?

Feel free to add more!

2. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Got 1, 4, 5 and 6. 2 & 3, not a bloody clue :icon_biggrin:

3. gprovan

gprovan Member

Quiet day in the office?

Likewise, 2 and 3 not a clue. :icon_smile:

4. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Got 4, 5 & 6. I'm guessing 1 some kind of mathematical sequence/pattern? If so, I'll be stumped for days :D

5. gprovan

gprovan Member

Ah, just got 3 :icon_biggrin:

6. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

All but #2... I think I get the idea here from the solution to #3 but I can barely come up with any words I'd associate with Skunk...

7. Pickles

Pickles Member

Answers

Hehehe, Actually I have lots to do, just needing a distraction from converting boring CAD files into pretty illustrator ones!

Answers to the first 6:

1. S - Can You Guess The Next Letter In The Sequence (or sentence)
    2. Cabbage
    3. Square
    4. One
    5. Zero. There's no dirt in a hole (Lame!!!!)
    6. 40°F, because water is frozen at 20°F.

Here is the last one:
    If an average hen's egg is 5cm long and weighs 300 grams and an average peacock's egg is exactly twice the length and 2.5 times the weight which has the greater circumference?

Happy Friday everyone

8. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

I got 1,4,5,6 - same as Corrosive. Considering eggs now!

Many thanks - great fun.

9. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Hen (will explain later).

10. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Cabbage? You're going to have to explain that one...

11. Pickles

Pickles Member

Yeah I'm with you on that one: Western Skunk Cabbage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and apparently there is a variety of cabbage with King in it :icon_confused:
    I'd just like to add that the majority of these were from a kids toy!!!

- If an average hen's egg is 5cm long and weighs 300 grams and an average peacock's egg is exactly twice the length and 2.5 times the weight which has the greater circumference? - This one was sneaky! The fact that a Peacock is male might give you a clue!!!! :icon_biggrin:

12. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's bollocks: you can't describe the properties of something in detail for the purposes of comparison and then go "ha ha - peacocks don't lay eggs - hahaha - joke's on you - ner ner na ner ner" without expecting the occasional punch in the face/lawsuit from Dick and Dom.

I'm not playing any more.