Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ricky Gervais

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tim, Mar 14, 2009.

?

Ricky gervais... good?

1. God, yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mehhh.

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. God, no!

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. tim

tim Senior Member

for piece of mind, please just tell me you hate him/don't give a flying horse crap! Michael Macintyre is way funnier than him and he doesn't even do sitcoms and cheesy movies!

anyone watch "not going out"? that's a brilliant program, the sarcastic main guy in that is way better than ricky gervais!!

2. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Haha, Lee Mack is funny, but can't act for shit. He's rubbish in Not Going Out. Watch his stand up if anything.

3. tim

tim Senior Member

4. Adam

Adam Senior Member

As said in other thread, you probably don't appreciate Ricky Gervais as your still a 16yr old boy, can't relate to his stuff as well as older people could I guess.

5. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Hmm, don't really agree. I got into Ricky Gervais when I was about 15, got all his stuff, understood all his concepts etc completely. Mind you, saying that, mentally I am a lot older than my actual age.

Still, don't think it's necessarily age.

6. Adam

Adam Senior Member

I think you relate more to the office if you've been in that enviroment and can relate to the situations and people etc.

But then again like you say if your mentally older than you could relate better, its also a certain type of humour, very sarcastic and little things dropped in. I'm very sarcastic and use that sort of humour too, so think I relate to it more as well.

Maybe i'm way off, but i just can't see how he can be labelled as un funny. Suppose its down to opinions, and as the saying goes....
    Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

7. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

The Office is amazing, because of how horribly accurate it is. The Sketch Show is also hilarious, but that's a whole different area of comedy.. Ricky Gervais is funny, but he's on TV way too much.

Adam and Joe are where its at..

8. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Gervais is good. MacIntyre also.

Different types of comedians, both have their place in my opinion.

9. tim

tim Senior Member

Ahh that's what it is... I totally agree with you. :)

Yeh, completely different, but if I got to chose to keep one, and kill the other, Gervais would go!

10. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

I'm not sure, MacIntyre is great, his content isnt amazing but his performance is top, but Gervais in the office was quality.

11. Adam

Adam Senior Member

MacIntyre is crap in my opinion. Every joke i hear of his is about his "man draw" and i hate the voice he puts on when doing his jokes.

12. tim

tim Senior Member

you're incredibly strange. xD

13. Greg

Greg Active Member

Gervais is a genius, he proved he's not just all about the Office with Extras too, two of the best TV series' in a very long time IMO. If you get chance to listen to the Gervais/Merchant/Pilkington podcasts too, they're superb!! :D

Michael MacIntrye's stand up has some funny moments, but you see stand-up acts come and go every year, they'll do a UK tour, sell a few DVDs at Christmas then you'll never hear of them again, I get the feeling he may be one of those examples.

Whilst we're on the general comedy topic, has anyone been to watch stand-up at the Comedy Store in London? Been twice and the acts were excellent as was the atmosphere, highly recommend checking it out if you get the chance :)

14. I'll be honest.. i think that Ricky Gervais is a good comedian, but i don't think he's the best i've ever seen... but good on him for making an impact with people :)