rhino logo

I know this might be crazy talk... but that 'I' looks like a rhino horn... could you shape it more like a horn than the dotted lines?

I know this might be crazy talk... but that 'I' looks like a rhino horn... could you shape it more like a horn than the dotted lines?

It's not crazy talk, your right about it ressembling a horn. I was trying to combing road markings with a rhino. A kind of hidden message logo lol it gives the feel of a rhino but it isn't a rhino.

I've done a few more sketchs around this since then and also incorporated a rhino silhouette that's ghosted in the background.

Post finalised ideas tomorrow.

Oh, I actually thought it was a horn at first. Nice idea here.

I'd say don't use the font you did in the 2nd version of sketches, makes it look dated. Love the concept so far.

NeonThunder said:
It's not crazy talk, your right about it ressembling a horn. I was trying to combing road markings with a rhino. A kind of hidden message logo lol it gives the feel of a rhino but it isn't a rhino. I've done a few more sketchs around this since then and also incorporated a rhino silhouette that's ghosted in the background. Post finalised ideas tomorrow.
don't waste time with ghosted, it won't work at smaller sizes. Have you tried an 'outline' of the rhino head, imagine the 'head' being a shield or a badge :)

currently working on the out line of rhino.

I had thought about the badge thing. But not 100% sure about it. It's funny how the better ideas come along when your not really thinking about it, was watching peter kay when i got my ideas lol.

submitted these rough sketches to the client, also were having a meeting next week which is good. to discuss this and get working on the website layout. So all is good! Think it's time for a victory dance! :clap: :clap:

View attachment 1613View attachment 1614

along with the sketch from previous posts and another which i can't find now!

Attachments

• sketch1.jpeg
    sketch1.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 3
  • sketch2 1.jpeg
    sketch2 1.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 4
Definitely the one on the right, you're going to have contrast/legibility issues with the rhinos face coming underneath the text otherwise. Good stuff though, I look forward to seeing it vectorised :)

Nice.

Suggestion: keep the typography off the background lines (ie: don't have the text on top of the icon behind. Instead, make it all white behind so it doesn't get mixed up.

I like the font.

How would it look with thicker lines? A few parts of it are veeery thin, which might cause problems when scaling.

NeonThunder said:
submitted these rough sketches to the client, also were having a meeting next week which is good. to discuss this and get working on the website layout. So all is good! Think it's time for a victory dance! :clap: :clap:

sketch1.jpeg sketch2 1.jpeg

along with the sketch from previous posts and another which i can't find now!
live traced the one on the right

Back