Review this site

Web Hosting UK

Web Hosting UK

Its funny you actually mention that as a lot of hosting providers don't actually provide a phone number as all their support is done online, worth maybe integrating though!

fisicx

fisicx

No obvious contact details anywhere. for that reason alone I'd avoid using you for hosting. I want to know there is a number I can call at 9pm on Sunday night when the whole system crashes.

The whole site looks dated and clunky. The customer journey is poor with very little useful content. And a server in London is no benefit if I'm in Glasgow.

And your SEO page begins with advice about PageRank. Google dropped this years ago.

It looks like a reseller/affiliate account.

Web Hosting UK

Web Hosting UK

@fisicx A server in London if you are in Glasgow wouldn't make much difference unless you are talking about co-location.

Yes Google page rank was deprecated a while back but is still used on major sites such as Moz.

Thanks for the heads up shall be making a few changes over the next few days.

fisicx

fisicx

@fisicx A server in London if you are in Glasgow wouldn't make much difference unless you are talking about co-location.
So why even mention London? Just say you have UK servers.
@fisicxYes Google page rank was deprecated a while back but is still used on major sites such as Moz.
No it's not. And that was just one of the many inconsistencies on the site.

Bin everything except for hosting. You don't need a blog or a site builder. Market what you do best and don't let the potential client get sidetracked.

Web Hosting UK

Web Hosting UK

@fisicx Some users like to know exactly which data centre the servers are in so it gives them a good guide to exactly how close they are to the server. So the server is in London put technically it can cover europe and further depending on how much ping you are willing to take into consideration.

I've only added the blog in to fill out the website, keywords for SEO and it bring more traffic and potentially more customers to the site.

Some more basic users choose a site builder even though it isn't very effective in terms of SEO to design their website on a budget.

fisicx

fisicx

@fisicxI've only added the blog in to fill out the website, keywords for SEO and it bring more traffic and potentially more customers to the site.
In that case fill it with hosting articles.

Put the hosting deals on the homepage above the fold. Make it really simple for people to look at what's on offer. Everything else is secondary.

Paul Murray

Paul Murray

Staff member
I'd argue the 'input field' in your hero is a borderline dark pattern. It looks like a search box, but clicking it takes you to a page where you can search for a domain. Not exactly malicious, but it's likely to annoy a few people. And is also a questionable call to action for the heading of the page.

Overall the site has a bit of an amateurish feel with the stock imagery and bad typography, which can actually impact user trust. To me it feels like a stock Wordpress theme with your content added in, not a site that's been built around a specific goal.

Do you also really need 14 different social media links at the bottom? A lot of what you're showcasing is totally wrong for these platforms anyway and just comes across as spammy. You should be providing good quality, informative content, ideally on platforms where your customers are, not just ads to your services.

Last edited: