Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reunion Island Landmark

Discussion in 'Illustration Forum:' started by Athos, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Athos

Athos Member

Hey everyone!

Long time no see! Less time for me in front of the computer more time with family (we need it sometimes agree?). I'm here today to share you my last little project. It was a first attempt to linocutting using this brief from briefbox : "Today we want you to design an iconic landmark"

Actually, I feel a little bit stupid.....You're gonna understand why (look the picture carefully...Or not) but also proud of myself. For a first try I think it's not so bad and I really like the result.

....Hopefully photshop is my friend and I finally get something clean at the end :

What do you think? ;)
    ash likes this.
  2. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Looks fine to me. I guess you forgot to do it in reverse? Does the smoke signify anything? It could be an S or a question mark.
  3. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Rookie mistake there lad ;)
  4. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

School boy error. Brings back memories; I had a lot of fun lino cutting back in college days, seems like a lifetime ago now.
  5. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

!slliks kciS
  6. Athos

Athos Member

@hankscorpio : sknaht! ;)

@Levi The smoke doesn't have particular's just.....Smoke in the way I want to draw it.

@CLHB Indeed we can call it a school boy error...I'm still a school boy and probably for a long long time ;)

Thanks guy's!
  7. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Well get cracking on doing it the right way... which is the wrong way :)
  8. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Um.... I never said anything about the smoke...
  9. Athos

Athos Member

@Levi you are right it was Wardy ;)
  10. Athos

Athos Member

And then...Tonight I work on my second linocutting project.
    came copy.jpg