Responsive Testing

HippySunshine

How reliable are these online responsive testers for web design?

When I look at my website on actual devices, it all looks fine, but then the online testers show it all wrong. It's making life very confusing.

Does anyone know of a reliable source to this solution?

Thanks x

Buy one of each product it's likely to run on including different operating systems, resolutions and hardware lol
Getting something to work on 'everything' is a pita

Which test sites are you using and what are they showing as erronous? Try and use as many fallbacks as you can to prevent or reduce how obvious errors are. In CSS it's easy, simply start with the fall-back and add the more up to date values afterwards. If a browser can't render the latest CSS value it will try the next one up. Don't forget to use your -moz and -webkit engine prefixes as well when needed – http://shouldiprefix.com/

Last edited:
How reliable are these online responsive testers for web design?

When I look at my website on actual devices, it all looks fine, but then the online testers show it all wrong. It's making life very confusing.

Thanks x

Are you referring to the emulators in Chrome? Once you're in dev mode the list is pretty decent and they're fairly accurate. They've helped my team out when devices have been scarce.

Back