Research Re-Post

Alicia

Hello, I posted some questions on the forum a while ago but did not get many replies. I have until March to do a project on a subject of my choice. I am currently studying graphics, art and photography at AS levels and was hoping for some advice on my project idea.

My project idea is to make several poster designs based around dance (ballet and contemporary). I drew some plans but have not yet made my final designs. I will add some initial ideas with this post. I was also hoping you could answer some of the questions below.
Thank you for your time.

1. I have just got Photoshop CS5, do you think that will be enough for the project I am doing?
2. Do you know of any websites that offer good Photoshop tutorials?
3. Is there any specific fonts that you use and think are good?
4. Do you have any advice or comments on my idea/design? if so then they would be much appreciated.

Thankyou.

Attachments

• Dancer plan.jpg
    Dancer plan.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 8
1. I have just got Photoshop CS5, do you think that will be enough for the project I am doing?

If you can get a copy of indesign or illustrator and a someone who can give you a few pointers then this would be best for laying out the poster. (I think indesign is easiest)

2. Do you know of any websites that offer good Photoshop tutorials?

Youtube is the best resource just type in what you want and 99% of the time it will be there or google.

3. Is there any specific fonts that you use and think are good?

Go to your college library and ask you tutors, this is far too subjective.

4. Do you have any advice or comments on my idea/design? if so then they would be much appreciated.

No! you need to progress further, this is why you didnt get many answers. Trust yourself in what you think is good, talk to your tutor and then post it on here when you need to tweek the developed ideas. None really wants to do your whole project for you but they will be willing to help and suggest small pointers.

Good Luck

Back