Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reproduction cards for vintage game

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by regbooboo, Jun 24, 2011.

1. regbooboo

regbooboo New Member

Hello All, I have recently bought a game from ebay - its a really old Beatles board game called "Flip your Wig" however 3 of the game cards are missing . I wonder if you would be possible to get the cards reprinted to look like the orignals, ie. same colour and thickness of card and the typeface etc etc. I have the original of all three missing cards for an example but am not sure where I could go to get this work done and what I should expect to pay - is it something that will be really expensive? I live in London. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Jackie
  2. Jim Pennington

Jim Pennington New Member

It is certainly possible to get a laser print done onto card but getting a match to the surface of a playing card done in the 60s, let alone a match to the feel (thickness, construction etc) will be difficult. And are the cards round-cornered? .. be prepared to enjoy a trial-and-error challenge .. I'd suggest first step would be a visit to a near-by digital print bureau for a look at some boards and a feel for the reaction to your project. Best of luck.