Reports

fisicx

When I post a report I often get told off for doing so. I recently received: "enough already, if we think it's a problem we'll deal with it". If this is the case and the mods are on top of everything does the forum even need a reporting mechanism?

Levi

Staff member
Yes we do need a reporting mechanism, what we don't need is someone reporting every little thing like you've been doing.... unnecessary reports essentially waste our time, moderating is voluntary so we still need to work...

If it's abusive towards you, report it...
If it's a nekro thread, leave it alone, if we've got an issue with it, we'll deal with it by deleting/locking or even leaving it alone, when we're on the forum...
If it's spam, we've got automatic detection for that and any that gets through is usually picked up within a few hours.... not that they get any benefit of leaving links here, we've got no follow active.

hankscorpio

Staff member
When I post a report I often get told off for doing so. I recently received: "enough already, if we think it's a problem we'll deal with it". If this is the case and the mods are on top of everything does the forum even need a reporting mechanism?
I appreciate the effort to report the posts and it's welcomed. However, zombie threads are eventually closed off, I read every single post put on the forum without exception. But I do it in my time, as many of the other moderators do. We don't have a system or a method towards it.

The reporting button is really just for abusive patterns or people who are abusive, and they are banned immediately without question; it's probably the only thing we take very seriously around here.

Again, thanks for taking the time to raise the issues on the forum, it is appreciated. We are on top of things, and manage the load in our own ways during our spare time.