Registering a domain name?

scotty

Ultimate Member
Excuse a naive question but I want to register a .com for use later and I wondered if anyone can recommend somewhere.
I don't need a host just the name.

I use nemo designs for all of my domains, they are UK based and also deal with .co.uk's. They're a good go to company for all domain needs and decently priced.

Your other options is 123reg.co.uk I used them before nemo designs and never had a problem.

I've been toying with the idea of starting a t-shirt label/brand as a bit of a spin off and I came up with a name.
I went as far as designing the branding and I didn't want to air it in case someone snatched the name.
Just wanted to get it registered so I could use it later on if I actually ever get it off the ground.

BTW. Would you recommend either of those for hosting?

Ahh I see, that's pretty cool. I want to do some apparel design work at some point.

Well I'm actually a reseller of hosting for Nemo Designs, so I'd be happy to set you up with something. It depends what you want really, if you're happy to take care of all the technical stuff then I can personally recommend them as a decent company to use.

If you're not wanting to take care of the technical stuff then I can help you with that too. Either way I wouldn't recommend 123 reg for hosting, or any other domain name registrar for that matter. Let me know what you're thinking and I'll help as best I can.

I really like doing placement prints and I do some for a few labels and I've ended up with quite a few of the ones that didn't get chosen as well as some I've just done for the hell of it so I've got quite a few designs with no place to go.
May as well do something with them :)

Thanks for the advice there.
I really don't know my arse from my elbow when it comes to this stuff so it's very much appreciated and I always like to go on recommendation.
I was warned off GoDaddy recently. :(

Think I'll deffo go with that and I'd really appreciate any help so thanks there Squiddy.

You know, if you were thinking of going with GoDaddy and being warned off by someone stopped you from doing that, you should go and kiss that person... a lot.. Yes, they're that bad..! They were actually the first web host I ever used, never... again.

Do you have Skype or anything? It would be easier to talk real time about something like this so we can figure out the best set up for you. You can find me on Skype by searching my name: Sean Lee-Amies

Back