Reece Slack Brand

ReeceSlack

I've changed the style completely from the last one, these are only draft just something I put together from my sketches. Tear them apart :D
Reece.

Attachments

• logodraft1.png
    logodraft1.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 65
My first thought is that I'm not too keen on having to read that text behind the logo imagery. My second thought is wow, that's a lot of different work that one guy is covering... he must not be particularly good in any of the categories mentioned.
I don't like the R, it looks like you've just haphazardly placed an R there from a ready made font. Have you tried doing any sketches, to really flesh out some solid concepts? If it looks good on paper, chances are you can make a good design out of it.

Thanks for your feedback I can see what you mean. My designs and style are very minimal and clean and I can see this doesn't represent my style. Back to the drawing board :D im going to try just a nice style with the letter R and some colour within it ill post it when im done. Practice makes perfect anyway
Thanks

No problem, I look forward to seeing the next design :)

Another few drafts put together gone for something which matches my style for rough copies i really like the style of the second R, just tried some colour bars under reece slack to see how it looks
Thanks

Attachments

• draft2.png
    draft2.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 40
Reece. said:
Another few drafts put together gone for something which matches my style for rough copies i really like the style of the second R, just tried some colour bars under reece slack to see how it looks
Thanks
Hello Reece,
The second R definitely looks nice, although it reminds me of college sports team jerseys. The third, long version looks good as well. However - as my Visual Branding teacher used to say - the concept of "I like it/I don't like it" is here completely irrelevant.
What would be helpful to ask yourself is 1) Who am I as a designer? 2) Who is my target audience? and 3) How do I visually represent who I am to my target audience? Once you have the answers to these 3 questions you will be able to create a design that truly shows Reece the Designer.

Thanks for your reply Gianluca asking myself those question really helped and I've came up with this

Attachments

• draft3.png
    draft3.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 48
Very quickly, I don't like the drop shadow or the fact the gaps between the two sections of the R don't marry up. You might have something there though but it's still a little bland.

Tidied up the logo, added some more colour and i'm happy with the result

Attachments

• finishedbrand.png
    finishedbrand.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 26
Is that second shape meant to be an S?
Sorry, I don't like the drop shadow or the shape of the R, r and s? Why is the "Web - Design - Print" left indented?

Changed the position of the web, design, print, and the r is a capital shown below. Took away the drop shadow

Attachments

• brandingupdate.png
    brandingupdate.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 21
  • capitalR.png
    capitalR.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 16
Reece,
A couple of things. The white space between the two portions of the "R" should be increased, so that the division is well visible at smaller size. The "Web - Design - Print" line is not aligned with the line above. Or better, the bottom line is left-aligned, but the final "t" extends beyond the top line. Tweaking the line's tracking should be sufficient to fix the problem.

Gianluca Teti said:
Reece,
A couple of things. The white space between the two portions of the "R" should be increased, so that the division is well visible at smaller size. The "Web - Design - Print" line is not aligned with the line above. Or better, the bottom line is left-aligned, but the final "t" extends beyond the top line. Tweaking the line's tracking should be sufficient to fix the problem.
thanks for the feedback, made the changes hows it looking
View attachment 1435

Attachments

• brandupdate.png
    brandupdate.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 18
It definitely looks better. Try to increase further more the white space (and make sure the white space is even in all three sections. Also, the two text lines have the same font. Try two different fonts, like a serif on top and a sans-serif on the bottom. Play with the font-weight as well. Take the time to experiment, you will see constant improvements throughout the various versions you create time after time.

Gianluca Teti said:
It definitely looks better. Try to increase further more the white space (and make sure the white space is even in all three sections. Also, the two text lines have the same font. Try two different fonts, like a serif on top and a sans-serif on the bottom. Play with the font-weight as well. Take the time to experiment, you will see constant improvements throughout the various versions you create time after time.
thanks again made the space change and played with the fonts, going to keep the same font though as it is being used on my portfolio

View attachment 1436

Attachments

• brandupdate2.png
    brandupdate2.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 31
Reece. said:
I say font. But thanks anyway for your pointless comment
There's no need to be rude.
Shauna was merely pointing out that you were making a very common mistake. She in no way said it in a demeaning manner in which to offend you or accuse you of being stupid.

That's a nice attitude you have to learning there Reece. This is a place for people to learn and grow as individuals, and we are all friends here. Please don't disrupt this balance :)

Reese, I was merely offering a small bit of information that a lot of people don't know. It will make you sound better to clients and make you a better designer for knowing proper terms. :) I certainly hope you don't speak to your clients in that manner.
Thank you Simulator and Sean for backing me. :) This is a happy healthy community. We are all here to help one another. There is ALWAYS something new to learn, from both seasoned designers and those new to the field. Stay happy and keep designing.

Back