redone my site!

TomLuddington

redone my site, the picture on the homepgae with text, i know theres some grammer mistakes but im on that but i just want your opinion for those who saw my old site what do they think of my new one, ill be adding some personal illustrations to the portfolio shortly

:D

good god no. Sorry but just no. The big blocks of black in the text are over powering, it just doesn't work. Thats ignoring any typography issues. You need to look at it from a viewers perspective and if I went to a site looking like that I'd just leave again.

My perspective of a designers website is this, keep the site simple let the work do the talking, not the other way round.

I'm agreeing with Levi, this is an absolute no. I remember your coming soon page, I thought that was quite sexy and you should've pulled that style through to your portfolio.

i gotta agree with these guys.

typography is way off, but you've got the idea of creativity, i guess.

just draft and draft and draft and draft- there's no point jumping ahead on one idea. establish it, critique it yourself and start again. only way that your portfolio site will be at it's best.

It's very bold.

Question, you have a myspace link on your site, yet your profile is set to private, why?

This in your face big block text style was fashionable for a bit a few years back, it never really caught on because it took too much focus away from the content, same applies now.

Dont be different for the sake of being different, instead of big bold text make a big bold statement by showcasing quality work in a quality manner.

Back