Redesigning logo...

GilmoreVisuals

I don't think I am getting anywhere.

Is it even improving to my previous logo? Too complicated maybe?

Critical feedback would be appreciated.

Previous:

gilmorevisualslogo2pp.png

New:

gilmorevisualsnewlogov1.jpg

gilmorevisualsnewlogov1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

firstly don't like the font for "visuals" at all, not a professional font to use. secondly, I like the symbol replacing the O but to be honest it could be better, perhaps use the shape to link the words in some way

I guess the size proportion does emphasize the point of the company; that is the visual aspect rather than the 'gilmore' aspect:

I am indeed, but I feel a bit bad seeing as the actual icon wasn't completely mine. But thank you so much for you help :)

Lets see what other people think.

halfbuiltrobot said:
One thing I noticed..... have you made your logo in photoshop?....try rebuilding preferably in InDesign or Illustrator, and export as an EPS, so you have this as a vector element.
You can always import the EPS into shop to mess with a fancy version for web use etc after.

Yeah, I used Photoshop. I did initially use Illustrator but my trial has expired so I don't think I can export it to EPS. But yeah, ill try and get InDesign sometime soon.

gilmore - you're a student, get a cheap adobe education license for the cs suite, obviously some t&c's regarding work etc but it's an option :)

pay!? erm I mean yes, yes I did. The education suits are slightly limited in some way I think. I remember using the education version of photoshop back at school and you couldn't do half the things you wanted. Worth looking into the features first before **buying** if I were you.

Back