Record google map zoom for a presentation?

LordLee

Hi all.

I wish to record/capture the zoom from the view of the UK (or county of Kent) into a specific building. Then use this either in movie form (or some form of animation) and put it into a presentation. This is for a colleague at work who wishes to use PowerPoint or Prezi. However a standalone movie or animation is fine if it cannot be dropped into such a program.

Anyone know how to do it? I'm stumped.

I know someone who used the Google Earth software to record something similar to what you're after. I'm guessing they just used some kind of screen capture software to record the footage to an AVI format. I think the Pro version of Quicktime allows for screen capture to a stand alone movie file.

I know someone who used the Google Earth software to record something similar to what you're after. I'm guessing they just used some kind of screen capture software to record the footage to an AVI format. I think the Pro version of Quicktime allows for screen capture to a stand alone movie file.

I thought about this. But the zoom is very quick on google earth. Slowing the video down may not help either as sometimes the graphics don't render quick enough. (Maybe if they loaded and I zoomed out and reversed the video it would work?)

Back