Recommended Mac Software

It's painful :(

Good thing is, I'm running this machine into the ground (it just can't cope with an actual designer using CS4 on it) and putting together a list of "reasons to give the designer a mac".

"reasons to give the designer a mac". Oh I've been there. Ended up bring my own kit to work.
Worked in the end though...I had the best/fastest most secure computer in the entire company.
Ask Jim he didn't.

I never really used a mac till about 3 month ago...I love the damn things! unreal! However still running windows 7 at home with 22" duals! still beasty to say the least

VLC is great for everyone and every need of the media. If you want to stay with Quicktime, Perian is the way forward.

Typo said:
"reasons to give the designer a mac". Oh I've been there. Ended up bring my own kit to work.
Worked in the end though...I had the best/fastest most secure computer in the entire company.
Ask Jim he didn't.

I had a toaster at home that would've worked better!
But yes it's true, unless the top reason you give them is "it's cheaper" they probably won't care.

Take this from the book of Jim: "If it defies all logic, it probably comes down to money"

...or small minded people who although on a larger wage, make a mess of things because they do not understand what they are talking about.....Bah!

Wow - so much has been mentioned here! Just looking at moving across to a Mac, but gulping at the price of some of the software. If I bought Adobe Creative Suite it would cost more than the Mac itself!

Back