Recommendation on felt tip pens

Jordan

Hello, I am sure this has been asked before, but couldn't find anything on forum.
I want to buy some pretty good quality felt tip pens. I will be using them for fun and practice, so nothing too expensive.
Thanks

berol....

mind you it sounds more like you're after some marker pens, are you going to be using the proper marker paper as alcohol based markers don't work well on normal paper

I have some Crayola ones already they are getting tired now! Levi I will only be using them on standard paper in a sketch books etc so something that would suit that really.

letraset aqua marker or anything similar really then in my opinion. Just make sure it's water based rather than alcohol based, the alcohol ones are just soaked up so quickly on normal paper. In my opinion the waterbased ones work better and last longer on normal paper although you will never get the same sort of smooth gradients you can get on marker paper.

For black linework I rather like Faber-Castell's Pitt pens. Usually around the £5 to £8 mark for a pack of four. Tend to use pen & ink more these days though.
faber_4pitt_black1245924797_527.jpg

I've used fine liners like those but personally I prefer my rotring art pens for my black ink work as I can just swap out the ink when it runs out... unless I'm on marker paper then it's rotring isographs.
http://www.rotring.com/en/21-art-pens (not the calligraphy ones obviously lol)

Mmmm tempting... the real old fashioned dippy pens suit me, though they can be occasionally messy.

they're really nicely balanced in my opinion, much better than most 'normal' pens as they're longer. In some ways its closer to working with a brush/quill but without the mess lol

I used to have a Rotring pencil, but I lost it at UNI! it was brilliant.
Though I would add this here whilst we're talking about paper and pens etc. Do have any recommendations on sketch books? the ones I use currently always fall to bits, suppose you get what you pay for.

I got my kids some of the lyra ferby colouring pencils. They are amazing, a bit of expensive but they should easily last a few years as apposed to a few weeks for the cheaper ones. They have a really strong colour pigment.

Back