Received quote for logo design?

adarkplace

Hi all, I have just received a quote from my local design agency for logo design, well let me post it as it will make more sense to you.
Thanks for looking.

Corporate Identity
To supply design, layout, visualisation mounted on blackboard, and origination of Corporate Identity
for xxxxxxx xxxxxxx, to use on Web Site, E mail Template, Stationery, Promotional Collateral,
Vehicle Livery, Advertising (colour & mono) the artwork on disc and forwarded electronically in full
four colour process and greyscale for the sum of...................................................£435. +vat.

What do you think?
Thanks.

I may as well post the rest of the quote.

Letterhead
To supply design, layout, visualisation mounted on blackboard, origination and print one thousand
copies of an A4 Letterhead in full four colour process to one side only on 100gsm Laser Compatible,
boxed suitably and delivered to one address for the sum of.............................£326. +v
Business Card
To supply design, layout, visualisation mounted on blackboard, origination and print five hundred
copies of an 85mm x 55mm Business Card in full four colour process to one side only on 350gsm
Silk Art Board, boxed suitably and delivered to one Lincoln address for the sum of.....£217. +v
Promotional Card
To supply design, layout, visualisation, origination and print one thousand copies of an A5
landscape Promotional Card in full four colour process to both sides only on 250gsm Silk Art Board,
boxed suitably and delivered to one Lincoln address for the sum of..............................£578. zr
E mail Template
To supply design, layout, visualisation, development and origination on disc and forwarded
electronically of an Email Template for xxxxxx xxxxxxxx for the sum of..................£263. +v

What is the point you are making?
Looks pretty cheap to me for an agency. Either very competitive or in need of the work...

Point? No Point, just looking for people's opinions on the quotation.
If you consider it to be pretty cheap, what would you consider to be an average price?

I had no idea what you wanted until I read the fourth post.....(I've only just seen the post)

Pricing seems about normal to me. When you consider the first one is basically for your logo (to be used on what's listed) and then the others are on top if you want to do letterheads etc.

It's just shy of £1000+vat for logo, business card and letterhead.

adarkplace said:
Point? No Point, just looking for people's opinions on the quotation.
If you consider it to be pretty cheap, what would you consider to be an average price?

I'd say this is a good deal. If your happy with the type of work the company produces then go for it. To say this includes all print costs then its not bad. I would say for me its not much more than what I would charge to do this freelance in my own home studio so a full company with all their costs to cover they're really doing you a very reasonable deal since I would expect them to charge more depending on what type of company they are.

For instance the logo design would probably only be a quick job if that is all they're charging. Some bigger branding agencies put a lot of time and energy into the research, insight and development of logos and charge thousands of pounds for it which is obviously not within everyone's budget. Just trying to put things in perspective at least.

Back