Real Life Disney Project

Interesting read. I'd never seen the Real Life Disney project before now!

I heard about this a while ago. Nice to see more of it!

Yes it was quite a cool project. but what was really interesting is the speed at which it went viral.

The work is really fantastic. I'm really not surprised they went viral so quickly. He's hitting into loads of popular culture at once; Disney, pretty girls, pin-ups and vintage illustration.

Rather clever when you put it like that. Never works when people try to create realistic Simpsons characters though... those things look horrific.

Jimlad said:
Rather clever when you put it like that. Never works when people try to create realistic Simpsons characters though... those things look horrific.
Hahaha! On that note, have you seen the "real life South Park" trailer kicking around YouTube?

This is a good one.. I was lucky enough to get an exclusive interview with Michael Doret, the legendary visual artist behind the New York Knicks logo a Wreck-it-Ralph to name just a couple.
You can read the interview here
Please take a moment to show the guy some love in the comments box at the end.

wac said:
This is a good one.. I was lucky enough to get an exclusive interview with Michael Doret, the legendary visual artist behind the New York Knicks logo a Wreck-it-Ralph to name just a couple.
You can read the interview here
Please take a moment to show the guy some love in the comments box at the end.
Excellent interview! He's done some amazing work. How did you manage to interview him?

Good interviews Wac, but wow that website background doesnt half hurt my eyes, especially when scrolling, its almosty psycadellic!

Matt Harle said:
Excellent interview! He's done some amazing work. How did you manage to interview him?
Thanks Matt, generally the interviewees are happy to contribute when asked politely. I always send them links to previous interviews and each new one gives me a little more cache to approach bigger fish. I still want to get a good mix of levels though. Tomorrow (Friday) We've got Frederico Chiesa, the guy who did the movie villains in there old age project.
Federico-Chiesa.jpg

davewill said:
its almosty psycadellic!
Yeah baby!

Well, I really wanted Behance founder and ceo Scott Belsky and in fact I've now got him lined up to be published in two weeks time. The person I really want but who hasn't got back to me though is Margaret Calvert but I shall be persistent.

You're managing to bring some fairly big names into your interviewer's seat Wac. Keep us posted with the results!

Back