Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Life Disney Project

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by wac, Jan 27, 2013.

1. wac

wac Senior Member

2. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Interesting read. I'd never seen the Real Life Disney project before now!

3. Matt Harle

Matt Harle Guest

I heard about this a while ago. Nice to see more of it!

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I'm the same....

5. wac

wac Senior Member

Yes it was quite a cool project. but what was really interesting is the speed at which it went viral.

6. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Nice, some of his work is freakily spot on.

7. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

The work is really fantastic. I'm really not surprised they went viral so quickly. He's hitting into loads of popular culture at once; Disney, pretty girls, pin-ups and vintage illustration.

8. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Rather clever when you put it like that. Never works when people try to create realistic Simpsons characters though... those things look horrific.

9. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Hahaha! On that note, have you seen the "real life South Park" trailer kicking around YouTube?

10. wac

wac Senior Member

This is a good one.. I was lucky enough to get an exclusive interview with Michael Doret, the legendary visual artist behind the New York Knicks logo a Wreck-it-Ralph to name just a couple.
    You can read the interview here
    Please take a moment to show the guy some love in the comments box at the end.

11. Matt Harle

Matt Harle Guest

Excellent interview! He's done some amazing work. How did you manage to interview him?

12. davewill

davewill Senior Member

Good interviews Wac, but wow that website background doesnt half hurt my eyes, especially when scrolling, its almosty psycadellic!

13. wac

wac Senior Member

Thanks Matt, generally the interviewees are happy to contribute when asked politely. I always send them links to previous interviews and each new one gives me a little more cache to approach bigger fish. I still want to get a good mix of levels though. Tomorrow (Friday) We've got Frederico Chiesa, the guy who did the movie villains in there old age project.
    [​IMG]

Yeah baby!

14. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Can't wait to read this one Wac, get it posted! :)

15. wac

wac Senior Member

16. Soprano

Soprano Member

I like the interviews wac. Who would you ultimately LOVE to interview for the site?

17. wac

wac Senior Member

Well, I really wanted Behance founder and ceo Scott Belsky and in fact I've now got him lined up to be published in two weeks time. The person I really want but who hasn't got back to me though is Margaret Calvert but I shall be persistent.

18. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

You're managing to bring some fairly big names into your interviewer's seat Wac. Keep us posted with the results!