RawKite - Website & Logo Design - Feedback Required

CSparkes

Well been looking at doing more kite lessons and been doing it under own name but a domain became available so am going with name "RawKite"

Here is the 1st mock up of webdesign and logo.

All feedback welcome.

rawkite.jpg

Craig

Like it .. very "surfer" :) love the black and white bg and the solid colour :) very nice :)

As a whole I like the concept etc, the 4 pictures just aren't sitting right for me though.
have you added a gradient to them too, if its a yes (like I suspect) then maybe try changing them to a glossy shine effect as you've got a drop shadow/glow around them and I think it may work a little better.

The background - is it Yarmouth, Cromer or somewhere else in Norfolk?

Br3n MSN said:
Make links uppcase
like the "header"
add a 1px stroke around the images
but put opacity of it to like 20%
maybe a really faint border on the inside as well
also the text should big yourself up more
thats the main selling point "Get to grips with the basics, fly with confidence with expert advice from a professional buggy monkey"
u know the kinda ****
needs a tiny bit of red at the bottom as well
yingyang
I think the logo would be sufficient as helvetica
if you want something simple

Hope don't mind Bren but just easier to have feedback all in one place :D

EDIT - Forgot to say design was started at 12am last night/this morning as was bored! just seemed to go together, wish it was always like that!

I like that Craig. I agree with Chris, it's very surfer.

Some feeedback:

I think you should use a different font for the 'Power Kite' title in the logo instead of having it the same as the company name.

I'd align the red hover effect line to the white line so it looks like it's part of it instead of hanging below it.

It needs some more red in the bottom. Make a thin red bar as a footer background but keep the thin white line as well?

Perhaps try to make some of the most important words in the text red?

Just my 2 cents.

HTH!

Cheers,
Soren

I like it overall one niggle i have is that the 'learn how to fly with confidence...' type might be better lower or title case as it's hard to read in uppercase it's all just big squares to me.

and the letterspacing in the logo needs some work
what about this:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    6 KB · Views: 4
Yeah really like that Craig. Not a massive fan of the logo but the site looks nice, agree with the others that its 'very surfer'.

Ok, am taking all this on board. Am a coder at the end of day but enjoy messing around in fireworks and as this is a personal project am not taking it too serious so am open to all feedback as it gives me a greater knowledge moving forward in web world.

Logo, i looked around and once had name spent time playing with other fonts. Had all standard ones and it looked a bit to boring. So was looking around Dafont with name typed in and that was one that stood out to me and i quite liked.

Is it people do not like the font, or the colour, placement or that it has nothing more to logo than the font?

All feedback is great so thanks for taking time!

Aarlev said:
I think you should use a different font for the 'Power Kite' title in the logo instead of having it the same as the company name.

I'd align the red hover effect line to the white line so it looks like it's part of it instead of hanging below it.

It needs some more red in the bottom. Make a thin red bar as a footer background but keep the thin white line as well?

Perhaps try to make some of the most important words in the text red?

I completely agree with everything Soren has mentioned.
I would also change the main font for "Raw Kite" as it looks a bit dated.
and definitely align the red hover underline with the white line.

Apart from those few little changes, I like everything else on the site and the name.

x

Back